All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:24 pm

Post subject: Re: Grimhammers...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think the big thing is throwing weapons are no longer worth their points on a 4+ shoot value warrior.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Lord Hurin wrote:
It's also amusing to have an Evil-only player calling a Good unit overpowered or too cheap when Evil has countless things of this ilk. Never hear about Hunter Orcs or Abrakhan Guard or Black Numenoreans being too cheap for their stats... :P

Both sides have units that are broken. Black numenorians aren't really overpowered, since terror isn't as good as it used to be thanks to fury.

Hunter Orcs are overpowered IMO, but their list is absolutely awful and their secondary stats mean that they can die against a spearwall and bowfire. Really if they made their cavalry less expensive as some people want the problem would only get worse since one of the only reasons the foot troops are bearable is the expensive cavalry.

Watchers of Karna I hear a lot of moans about and they are undeniably broken. They were competitive when they were still wood elf defence. Now they're simply broken.

Really, cheap two attack units are the broken ones in this game, most of the time. Look at ferals, Hunter orcs, Watchers. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Throwing weapons have actually worked pretty well for me (and i was dubious to start :-X ). The trick is not to overload in grimhammers, but sprinkle them throughout the lines.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:36 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

slaktarn wrote:
How did you get 16p for a khazad? Base warrior, add +1D=1p, +1S=1p, 2-handed=1p this comes to 11p. Bodyguard cost zero for all warriors except new palace guards apparently.
The way I would fix grimhammers are to not give them penalty for their trowing axes. That would make them unique.

I you take a standard dwarf warrior and apply the upgrade costs that are in the Free Peoples book, you get 2 points for strength, 2 for bodyguard, 1 for defense and 1 for the 2handed weapon. I guess I meant 14, not 16.