All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:25 am

Post subject: Druzhag
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

If I play in a GW tournament and want to move Druzhag into a formation of Wargs, can I just place him into that formation? Or would I be required to make a piece with him riding a warg or horse?
 Post subject: Re: Druzhag
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You can place the model in the company tray - it's just the visual of him riding a warg/horse/spider etc that would be nice, but you'd have to convert/make your own.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It's just I have never been to a tournament before and the way others talk on here, they don't allow things unless you have the correct piece so just wondered if that would be allowed
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There's no actual piece for that, other than Druzhag. Druzhag is Druzhag, simple as ;)

Basically, if you don't have Mounted Boromir, you can use foot Boromir. It's the right model and it's not your fault you don;t have a mounted Druzhag.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You don't *need* a mounted version, of a model, in WotR especially if there is no version made by GW. You could make a conversion if you so desired and would be a fun project.

However an infantry model would do ok if it is clear who is there. For example, Gimli is HIGHLY unlikely to be mounted alone, and in the books he only ever rode with Legolas. In this case people have simply used The Gimli on a Uruk-Hai model ("He was twitching") which is on a 40mm base.

Specifically I use Druzhag as well, and sliding him into a summoned formation of Wargs behind a foe is a handy tactic when about to unleash Spells of Ruin and ignoring shields. To this end I made a 'base converter' which is basically a 40mm base textured/sculpted with green stuff and based, with a 25mm 'slot' in the centre to take the model. So it simply looks like Druzhag is standing on a 40mm base, AND is removable and can simply be plopped back into a 25mm slot in an infantry tray. For extra detail I added a stake and poor plastic Gimli's head on it. The base converter could be used for any infantry model I hadn't gotten around to having a cavalry version of too.

I did similar for the Stone Giant I use, which is a rather old Citadel model on a square base. I made a large monster base of the right size and sculpted the edges of it, leaving a square 'slot' just large enough to take the SG's square base. I didnt want to rebase the SG just for a few WotR games and the base converter was a fun mini project and didnt take long to make.

Taking the War in Middle earth to a new level!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I did convert (well I am in the process of doing so) a mounted Druzhag. Just took a regular Warg Rider and draped some greenstuff over him to make a cloak.

Really need to get around to finishing him. sigh.