All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:25 am

Post subject: Re: DLoEL's first go at wild wags
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I really appreciate your comments.
@edge67-the warg on the right does have more contrast in its fur. The fur on that sculpt had a lot more depth to it which makes the drybrushing a lot easier to do, with nicer results.
I've finished the six wargs. I know what you guys mean when you say they need more colour though I decided to stick with same colour scheme throughout.
Here's a group photo of the pack. They get their first taste of man flesh tomorrow.
I've also gotten to a start on the chieftain. So far he's been assembled and his base is mostly done. I'm thinking off adding some irregular patterns on the chieftain, maybe something like the fur on mangy dogs. Any ideas on how to add some more colour or at least variations in the fur on the chieftain would be greatly appreciated.
Here's a picture of his base. I just need to finish the guys cloak, the mosquitoes prevented me from finishing the job today. The corpse is a great sculpt and was quite fun to paint. Too bad he's just a decoration, I mean dinner, on the chieftain's base.
As always comments and criticisms are more than welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

:yay:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:36 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Very nice :!: :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That's nice can't wait for the chieftain.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Dwarf Lord of Ered Luin wrote:
I really appreciate your comments.
@edge67-the warg on the right does have more contrast in its fur. The fur on that sculpt had a lot more depth to it which makes the drybrushing a lot easier to do, with nicer results.
I've finished the six wargs. I know what you guys mean when you say they need more colour though I decided to stick with same colour scheme throughout.
Here's a group photo of the pack. They get their first taste of man flesh tomorrow.
I've also gotten to a start on the chieftain. So far he's been assembled and his base is mostly done. I'm thinking off adding some irregular patterns on the chieftain, maybe something like the fur on mangy dogs. Any ideas on how to add some more colour or at least variations in the fur on the chieftain would be greatly appreciated.
Here's a picture of his base. I just need to finish the guys cloak, the mosquitoes prevented me from finishing the job today. The corpse is a great sculpt and was quite fun to paint. Too bad he's just a decoration, I mean dinner, on the chieftain's base.
As always comments and criticisms are more than welcome.

the paint choice on these is awesome! love the way they are turning out
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:39 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

They look awesome as a group :yay: Maybe for the chieftan try a dark brown drybrush/colour around the 'mane' area (including the fur on the shoulders and top of thighs on front legs). Kind of simulating a lions mane? I am sure you will come up with something cool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Here is the chieftain. I wanted to do something with the fur to make him a little more special but since a friend was coming over that day and he needed to be ready I didn't get around to doing anything. I was going to try to flick some paint on with a brush, my hands always get a covered with little black spots when I quickly undercoat models so I was trying for something similar, but that didn't work out. If you've got any ideas let me know as I'm more than happy to go back and add a little more detail, and fix up his "battle wounds."
The mini is a little top heavy so he fell over several times and got scratched. I've got to find a way to add more weight to the base. Apart from falling over he only managed to kill two Gondorians before fleeing the battle. I was planning to use him to get to the enemies camp, he was one move away if he could get pass a couple meagre warriors, in storm the camp but his low courage didn't allow that to happen.
Feel free to leave comments and advice. I may not get around to doing anything with him for awhile due to school getting back in session but I will eventually be touching him up.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

He looks a lot like one I painted recently HERE (Bottom of page)
Great job, I like the white colour scheme, I'm going to paint all mine like that, when I eventually get some!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The darker mane looks good. Maybe pick some highlights out with a ligther version of the main colour (...hah, listen to me...you would think I knew what I was talking about... :? )

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You're back :D .
Those wargs look really nice.
My only complaints are the battle wounds on the chief and his fur seems to lack depth. (maybe a few washes and some layering?)
You might want to put a piece of lead or something simmilar underneath the warg chieftan's base.

looking forward to see more.

btw do you still want to help on the dwarf sourcebook.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

nice painting on those wargs and chieftain! i like them, the terrain seems very pro to. 8)