All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dwarves and Goblins WIP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Good to hear you got some mini's! I don't really know anything of warhammer or 40k myself, but I like the tanks and such :p
Anyway, I'm nearly finished, just need to upload the pics and then I'll write you an article :p
If you are going to create your own moria board and you are still intrested in how to build the walls like I did (if you like them) then just tell me, I'll be glad to help you ;)

Jorn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Both games are fun but IMHO LotR SBG is the best by far for pure enjoyment and fun. Good to hear it nearly ready 8)
I would like to create a moria board but I still have thousands of other projects that need finishing :( Im a procrastinator :-D
Thanks for the offer though, and I better stop spamming up you blog now :lol:

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

So here it is, the article of how to create Moria doors!

Materials you'll be needing:
- thin cardboard
- pencil or something equal
- ruler (the triangle one, don't know what it's called in English :p)
- PVA glue
- toothpicks (again I don't know if this is correct in English but I think you know what I mean)
- a brush (for the PVA glue)
- and if you got it the plastic door from the moria box to make it faster

So there are 3 levels of the door, this one won't have doors really, it's just a doorway as you could have seen on my pictures. I do have an idea for the doors but I have to try it out.. so :p
If you could have read you could use the moria plastic door from the boxed set. If you don't own it, no problem, I'll explain how you could make it look like it, it just takes a little longer. I used a kinds of colours so you know wich side and such I mean, it might be a little confusing but just read carefully and watch the pictures and you'll be ok.

Level number 1:
for this you can draw the outhern walls of the plastic door on a piece of cardboard, only those at the outside, or else it won't work. If you don't have it here's another (but longer) way. The best way of drawing the levels is by drawing it in a corner of the cardboard, this way you know it's 90°.

To start with, there are 2 main colours to folow, these will be the vertical black line (wich is 7,0 cm) and the horizontal green line (wich is 5,5 cm).
once you got this, we'll start with the sides, the red lines, these are both 4,5 cm. draw these at both sides.
the blue sides, leading to the top are 105° so get your ruler and draw these at both sides again. ons you did this, you top side wich is yellow on the picture should be around 4,0 cm long. That's all, now, you might wonder what the pink lines are, right? well, these are 0,7 cm and you have to draw it to on every side so you can connect them, and once you've done that, you can cut it out and move to the next level.
Note: you'll have to make level 1 twice. Don't forget to glue the pieces together!

Level number 2:
For the next level you'll make both level 2 and a little of level 3 actually, keep reading to find out why.
So, just like you did with level 1, it's best to take a corner to draw it in.
Again, start with the black line and this time the horizontal line is yellow, my apologies for this.
The black line is 6,5 cm and the yellow line is about 5,1 or 5,2 cm just make sure it isn't 5,5 cm.
I forgot to draw the line untill where it's purple but I'll tell you that it's 4,0 cm long. The purple sides are about 110°. Your top orange side is about 4,0 cm, it depends on how long you made the yellow side.
As you can see on the picture are the red and blue line not equal since they aren't the same colour. This is correct and it's not a mistake I made or something, the red lines are 0,7 cm and the top blue side is 0,8 cm long.
The piece coloured green is very important, since it's your level 3. Oh well, it will become level 3. So cut it out carefully.
Note: you'll have to make level 2 three times. If you've done this, glue the 3 pieces together.

Level number 3:
If you cut out the green coloured piece of level 2 you'll need to draw some things..
so, take the top of the piece you've just cut out and draw a horizontal line of 2,8 cm (not on picture, sorry). This will be the length of the piece and it will be 4,3 cm wide wich is blue on the picture.
Now, start from the bottom line and messure 0,8 cm at both corners horizontal (orange at the picture) and 0,8 cm vertical (pink at the picture).
Now, to the top (red), take the middle and draw a line wich is 90° with the top and draw it till you come to the bottom (blue). The line is white at the picture.
now, your top should be about 3,0 cm, so go back to the middle and draw 1,5 cm at both sides, once you've done this, connect the top (red) with the pink sides wich are 0,8 cm. It's almost finished now!
Go back to your bottom lines, those of 0,8 cm (orange) and draw a line of 90° at both sides wich is 1,0 cm (not on picture). connect the two sides and messure a line of 2 cm on your middle line (white) wich falls on the line you just connected, this will be the black line on the picture. Where the two points of the line ends will have to be connected with the orange lines of 0,8 cm at the bottom. Once you've connected these (green lines) the 3rd level is finished. Cut it out and glue the 3 pieces together.

Now, the levels are finished, here is what they look like:

the only things left to do are glueing it together and using the toothpicks you needed.
Here is what it'll look like if you glue it together:

Now, at the back you'll see that there's a little bit of space left at level 2 and level 3. Level 2 reaches the bottom and level 3 doesn't. To solve this problem, messure how many cm's level 3 is hanging from the bottom. this will be between 3,5 and 4,0 cm usually. Once you know the difference, messure the length off on a toothpick and cut the pointy edges of. Now glue the toothpicks (or what's left) to the doorway and.. you've finished everything! (.. except painting but that's up to you).
This is how the back will look like:

hope you enjoyed reading and creating it! Dwarves, gobs, elves, humans etc. can pass through the door with no problems, cave trolls etc. won't fit.. if you want them to fit, just do the same, but take another scale so they can move through it.

Kind regards,
Jorn (Eaothen the Brave).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:22 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Both games are fun but IMHO LotR SBG is the best by far for pure enjoyment and fun. Good to hear it nearly ready 8)
I would like to create a moria board but I still have thousands of other projects that need finishing :( Im a procrastinator :-D
Thanks for the offer though, and I better stop spamming up you blog now :lol:

Cyndra the Grey

Yes I really like SBG too! :D
And I know what you mean, first I wanted to create a Rohan board with gate and such, but now it's moria :p
But don't worry about telling stuff here, I'd love to help everyone with questions and such! But I hope you like the article ;)
sorry it took so long, I was surprised aswell :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Wow, that is brilliant!! :yay:
It is a lot more detailed than I thought it would be and that is a good thing. I'll have a go at it at the weekend or maybe in the next couple of days if school is cancelled (snow).
But that is a very well done plan. When the the article library gets up and running again im sure this will be in it. You should give yourself a reward for this 8)
Thanks very much.

My projects always seem good in my head and then I start them and just never get round to finishing them :(
And yes I do like the article- who wouldn't!
Thanks again.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great to hear that you like it! I might try uploading it in the artricle library once it's back on.
And what reward do you think I should give myself? :p Why don't you send me one? that's cheaper for me :p

And I know what you mean with the articles.. mine also never finish :p
Anyways, I'll work on the moria board now and then, if there's something else you'd like to see how I made it, just tell me ;)

Kind regards,
Jorn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Some nice progress Eaothen and the guide looks very detailed. This will be a nice expantion to the library once it is complete.

Drum
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Drumstick wrote:
Some nice progress Eaothen and the guide looks very detailed. This will be a nice expantion to the library once it is complete.

Drum

Well thank you Drum, I'm glad you like it! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, it's been a while now, I got my mini's I ordered.. oh well.. not excactly, the shop is going to get closed I'm afraid so he didn't ordered anything.. :sad:
I'll miss him since now I can't order my mini's anymore or I'll have to do it via GW, but for that, I'll have to wait for my dad to visit me.. so I'll be able to order things 3 times in a year or something.. :(

Anyway, as the shop was going to close, they had 50% discount. There wasn't really anything I needed, but I got the diorama of Balin's tomb. I like it so much! :shock: I'll upload some pictures probably tomorrow evening or somewhere in the weekend. But, this week.
The diorama costed me the normal price of 25 euro's, wich was ok for me. Further I bought 2 plastic ent kits, I like the models now I see them IRL, yet, it's such a pain glueing them together.. :x I gave one the pose of throwing a stone, but he's not finished yet, I'll need some better glue for this. I only have plastic glue ATM :oops: I'll upload some pictures of them aswell. I also bought a box of WOR (warriors of Rohan).
and last but not least: Treebeard! I never had the chance buying him since I didn't really need him and he was queit expansive so I took my chance now and got it for 17.50 euro's. A total of 80 euro's. wich is pretty cheap, normally it would have cost 134 euro's. So I think I made a good buy :p
In March there'll be a discount of 75%, I might go back then, they had some TLA stuff wich I might buy if I ever start a Numenor/Dunedain army.
(I might chance the name of this WIP aswell.. :P)

That's it for today, visit again this week to see some pictures!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Merry and Pippin:

Gimli WIP:

Ents:
This is throwing-stone-guy, he's not dancing :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I love that fellowship base, it looks great with them on. I like Merry's cloak as well, the cream is very smooth- well done 8)
The ents look good at this stage but the second one looks like he has been immobilized/transfixed.
Keep it up.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
The ents look good at this stage but the second one looks like he has been immobilized/transfixed.

Looks like a tree to me :rofl:
Good job :yay:

Sorry, Cyndra the Grey I could not resist :puppy:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

haha :P lol
yes he might look a little weird, I give you that.. but a well.. It'll do for me ;)
I don't have much time for painting now school has started again so I'll progress slowly I'm afraid.. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
haha :P lol
I don't have much time for painting now school has started again so I'll progress slowly I'm afraid.. :(

Same goes for me :sad: Only school kinda never stops - or at least i got that feeling :P Nice ents! i definitly want to see those finished. And that base for the fellowship looks very cool. Do they have some more ? ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Oldman Willow wrote:
Quote:

Looks like a tree to me :rofl:
Good job :yay:

Sorry, Cyndra the Grey I could not resist :puppy:

I get your point there Old Man Willow. I had never thought of ents being posed as trees :P

But Eothen, slow progress is still progress so we like it all the same.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Nice work so far some washes and highlights and they look very good.

Garemnhord: The base came with bgime issues members. The only place you can find them is Ebay or marktplaats if you live at the part in belgium where they speak dutch.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:02 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

hero of gondor wrote:
Nice work so far some washes and highlights and they look very good.

Garemnhord: The base came with bgime issues members. The only place you can find them is Ebay or marktplaats if you live at the part in belgium where they speak dutch.

k ty - to bad my dad isn't for miniatures in general and buying from the net :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm glad to hear you like the ent wich looks like a tree.. keen eyes you got there :P
@Garmenhord: to bad to hear you can't order via ebay, but neither can I so.. :oops:
If I ever see one somewhere, I'll let you know. (:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Some updates on the Fellowship, I might screwed up the faces, I know.. I'm still working on it.
enjoy:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Great start :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next