All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dwarves and Goblins WIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

U doing great job on the hair of those dwarves. U have done great job on those eyes - u really should do that eye thing more :) it really gives it a good look. I agree with Drum the last one is one of the best. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

U doing great job on the hair of those dwarves. U have done great job on those eyes - u really should do that eye thing more :) it really gives it a good look. I agree with Drum the last one is one of the best. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

thanks guys, I really appreciate it (:
glad you like them, I just painted the robes of them, will post some pics of them ASAP
I also like the one with the eyes, I wish I could paint them more often, I'll train on that :p
thanks all!! :D
ps @Drum: yes I'll base them, but I keep that as the last thing to do (:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Eyes are indeed difficult to paint because the are so small. If you paint your eyes and then paint the black it is more difficult. If you paint the whole eye black and then paint the sides white you have more control to paint it in the good way.

The eyes look good very good but this makes it easier. The face needs a little bit more shading think a brown wash and then highlight it with the base colour makes it much better.

Keep it up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

So u paint the black first? I do the white first :) then i can easily correct what is painted to much by painting skin over it. And then it's only doting the black on the eye :). But that only works if ur brush still is on a good small point.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hi guys, thanks for the comments (:
I also paint the white of the eyes first :p but I might try the black first.. (:
anyways, I'm having exams now so I won't paint that much for the coming week and a half :p

but I just took some pics of the last paintjobs. I'll upload them in a second.

ps: I'm planning on another diorama in the near future. I'm going to use my spare dragon base (oval one). I think I'll make it a battle in moria, between Balin and his lads against a goblin shaman and his followers. what do you think? I think it might become nicely^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

and here they are! :yay:
and specially for Cyndra's request, here are some army shots! :D except the captain, he's still.. weapon-less.. :p

I also just ordered the king's champion at my local shop. can't wait getting my hands on those^^ I got a neat idea for using them both in wotr as in sbg, but, that's a surprise^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

oh they look great! Maybe make a black wash.. a little black & plenty of water. It really helps on the armour. For the WOTR models, just make up your own appropriate stats - and make sure your opponent agree's too.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Drumtastic wrote:
oh they look great! Maybe make a black wash.. a little black & plenty of water. It really helps on the armour. For the WOTR models, just make up your own appropriate stats - and make sure your opponent agree's too.

thanks for the nice comment, again, Drum :D
yes I tried a black wash but it only made the armour darker.. it didn't really 'went' into the scales etc.. so I don't really try it anymore on the armour.. :p or do I really have to use plenty of water? mmh could try that..

but.. about the KC, it's not that I'm going to create houserules, I was thinking of a 'conversion' but with the real models.. I won't chance them, but I'm going to do something special with them :p it's difficult to tell since I don't want to screw the surprise :p you'll have to wait ^^
I'll call it as my 'christmaspresent' from me, for all of you :p
if you really can't wait, I also said it on TLA on someone's question about the KC^^
i don't know if he liked the idea, but I'm gonna try it for sure :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for the army shot :-D I really like the purple robes/cloth, it fits really well alongside the archers gold scale mail. If you just want official stats for the KC it is in a recent white dwarf (can't remember which one even though i get them on sub) but made up ones are just as good if not better. Just remember to playtest a couple of times. Good luck with that though.
Keep up the great work mate.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:31 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Thanks for the army shot :-D I really like the purple robes/cloth, it fits really well alongside the archers gold scale mail. If you just want official stats for the KC it is in a recent white dwarf (can't remember which one even though i get them on sub) but made up ones are just as good if not better. Just remember to playtest a couple of times. Good luck with that though.
Keep up the great work mate.

Cyndra the Grey

hi, glad you like them, but don't you mean blue instead of purple? :p
anyways, I bought the WD with the rules (: I think you guys don't know what I mean with the surprise.. :p it has nothing to do with the stats of the model, and the models won't chance either.. I'm just gonna do something with the bases :p perhaps you'll understand it a little better now, but that's the surprise that I didn't want to telll :p but for more info you'll have to wait till I get the mini's^^
one tip: you'll have to use the monster base for wotr and the small bases for sbg.. any bells ringing yet what I'm going to do with the bases now? xD aah I let you guys figure it out, wanna see who knows what I'm planning to :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hey it does look a little purple on the pics now that I take a closer look.. ö but, it's blue^^ perhaps it's the light.. (:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I see that it is blue now but the gold archer does look a bit purple but as you said it's the light. I get you about the KC now. Are you going down the magnetic route or the holes in the base route? I'm sure it will be great whichever way.

My General WIP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
I see that it is blue now but the gold archer does look a bit purple but as you said it's the light. I get you about the KC now. Are you going down the magnetic route or the holes in the base route? I'm sure it will be great whichever way.

Seems like you got it (: I'm gonna cut out the small bases in the monster base, so I can take them out for sbg. I'll put some clay or greenstuff beneath the monster base so that they cant get away. does that sounds like a good plan? :p
did some more painting last night, I'll upload them soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

here are the pics, I painted some with eyes now^^ and also I gave the eyebrows a try, just to see how it looks, what do you guys think? I quite like it actually..:
an old lad who now can fully see! :D even though he looks like there's a train heading his way :p ooh nooo!! :o
this one has pupils aswel, and even eyebrows now^^ I like him, but the left eye might see weird on the pics, if you saw him from the front he'd looked better, I'll tell you that.
same story, eyebrows.. and yes that's a goblin converted on a rock in the background (:
and them being based ^^ it's like the red-haired one is getting executed.. :p
and a group picture of the four.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hi guys I won't post any pics these days I'm afraid, exams are going on and the most dangerous ones are stille waiting for me :p

also am I having some trouble with some.. things and such.. (women :p)
so.. xD anyways, thanks for supporting me, I'm glad about my minis in a long long time (:
thanks for all the tips and such, for example about the wash etc. thanks! :D

Jorn. (Eaothen)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

They have come along really nice mate. They sure are getting better and better. Hope the washes are working ok. A tip for the base is if you have an old brush, and paint your pva onto the base. Then just dip the base with the guy on it into a small tub of the sand. Just looked a little weak or not enough sand on the base. The you can add all the detailed like your static grass & painted rims etc..

Good luck with the exams, and the same with your woman. 8)
I'm almost finished my exams at the moment too, I'll be happy about that.

Drum
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Drumtastic wrote:
They have come along really nice mate. They sure are getting better and better. Hope the washes are working ok. A tip for the base is if you have an old brush, and paint your pva onto the base. Then just dip the base with the guy on it into a small tub of the sand. Just looked a little weak or not enough sand on the base. The you can add all the detailed like your static grass & painted rims etc..

Good luck with the exams, and the same with your woman. 8)
I'm almost finished my exams at the moment too, I'll be happy about that.

Drum

And again a nice comment by Drum :p thanks for the tip, I'll see what I'll do with it (: I won't attach static grass on my dwarves I guess, just gonna paint it grey or something other rocky like :p

And also thanks for encouraging xD good luck to you too ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi all, I'm still having a little break but I started something I had to start a long time ago :p
I'm taking of my own battle board of Moria.
I just finished the first platform, oh well.. finished drawing and cutting out.. only the floors actually :oops:
I just glued it on foamboard, will be dry very soon. anyways, hope you like the first piece! :D
You don't know how it'll look like, but I do^^ and I think you'll love it once it's done (: but that might take a while..
Anyway, here are some pictures of it, and also of the based Dwarves, only 2 since I wanted to try it for a nice colour, and I like it.
Enjoy!

this is a quick draw of the whole board, the piece at the bottom (left) is what I'm making ATM

this is the piece

Image Image
close up with the Dwarves the pic beneath is the left corner to make it clear

cardboard floors on foamboard.

the based Dwarves. Still need to do the edge of the base.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The Moria board looks pretty good from what i can see, how big will it be?
Also just a little tip, paint black round the rims of the bases because it makes it look more finished if you get me. But I agree that the basing scheme works well.
Keep up the good work.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next