All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

what do you think of 'faramir' (if that is his real name...)
he's great! 18%  18%  [ 24 ]
meh 39%  39%  [ 52 ]
hes just some drunk fat guy whos eaten a few too many mcburgers and frankly its animal cruelty to put him on a horse. 43%  43%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Amarthadan wrote:
Hey dude, I don't know you and I haven't 'seen' you before because I simply didn't visit in a long time, but there's no reason to judge people like that on a website like this. No offence intended though. :wink:

I agree with what you're saying, but keep it to yourself, because this may sound offensive to some. :wink:

Hey Dude, I'll express my opinion as I like, just as others seem quite happy to do. Though for my part it'll remain both civil and eloquent. If an opinion offends you, I'm sorry. You might have to grow a thicker skin. :wink:

You're also nobody to tell me to keep my opinions to myself, dude. But hey, I find your presumptuousness offensive. Maybe keep that to yourself next time. Dude. I don't buy into that whole attitude of "who is this n00b with fewer posts than me? I'll just tell him off!" No offence intended. :wink:

emperor_thompson - I don't think I made any criticism of yourself personally or of opinions that a lowered level of support for SBG from GW was something to be happy about. I was pretty much specifically referring to the stream of "me too" posts about how the new Faramir is the worst figure ever in the history of the Earth. Or something like that. :) There's a big difference between simply expressing an opinion, bashing and criticising, and an even bigger one between piling on and criticising. I mean "I don't like this figure" with no qualifiers is fine.

This being an internet mesage board, there should be no reason for people to be unable to disagree in a discussion, as long as it's kept civil.

On your point of support, I'd at the very least like to see a "best of White Dwarf"-type collection of SBG stuff that's been published in the magazine to cover the newer releases like New Eomer, Helminglas and undoubtedly New Faramir and so forth. Not sure if that will happen though, since it appears that they would very much like us to drop SBG and expand our forces into Mighty Armies (tm) for WOTR.

BilboOfTheWhiteTower - thank you for the kind words. I'll have some better shots of the treemen up soon. It doeslook a lot better now it's finished than it did when WIP. I took some new photos of them this weekend, but I decided to wait until I finish Treebeard and then show all the walking trees in the one update.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/
My miniatures painting blog.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think he looks alright, the paint job is a little chunky though, but I personally don't mind it. My main problem with this model is his face. He looks like about to fall asleep, or faint, but other than that I kinda like him :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

scipio.au wrote:
Hey Dude, I'll express my opinion as I like, just as others seem quite happy to do. Though for my part it'll remain both civil and eloquent. If an opinion offends you, I'm sorry. You might have to grow a thicker skin. :wink:

You're also nobody to tell me to keep my opinions to myself, dude. But hey, I find your presumptuousness offensive. Maybe keep that to yourself next time. Dude. I don't buy into that whole attitude of "who is this n00b with fewer posts than me? I'll just tell him off!" No offence intended. :wink:

Telling me I need to grow a thicker skin after this type of reply...

Rueben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I always reserve judgment on models until I have the model in my hands, primed and has a base coat of dry brushed adeptus battle gray.

This one looks like it just has a case of a bad painting interpretation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

This probably isn't the best place to resolve any arguments folks. Perhaps a pleasent exchange of PMs would clear the air best? While also keeping this thread on topic. :wink:

I agree with Brightlance, the main problem with this model appears to be the painting. I think it looks like a promising model, and I would really like to see it in person so I can better decide whether or not to purchase it. :)

Bilbo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've kept my thoughts on this minature pretty quiet until now, due not entiely to a previous post of mine. In the "what is this model" thread while back, I said it could't be Faramir because of the paintjob (and somewhat the sculpting).

Alas, I was wong. The miniature looks like the paint was applied poorly, the scheme isn't quite fitting to the character and the sculpt doesn't make him look like Faramir. Having said all of that, I do like the model: just not as Faramir, the blotchy paint on the face and to a lesser extent, the scheme.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Amarthadan wrote:
Telling me I need to grow a thicker skin after this type of reply...
Rueben

I replied in kind to your attempt to tell me to "keep it (my opinion) to yourself". Dude. :wink:

I'm happy to end this aspect of the discussion here. Please PM me if you wish to discuss it further. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Must.. not.. reply.. to.. the.. discussion.. Nah I won't..

The main problem is, as stated before, there isn't a foot model as far as I know, for SBG.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well, that doesn't make the model itself bad, just means that there was a bad decision somewhere along the line with how many sculpts to make, package and sell. It's not a problem just for SBG, but for WotR as well. I guess that, either way, you could use the on foot Faramir (whether ranger or captain), but it's always nicer to have the same version, just on foot...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

emperor_thompson wrote:
Reguarding GW bashing:

I am a passionate supporter of this game and have given GW a great deal of money over the years, so I feel that I have the right to get a little worked up about the way they conduct their buiseness from time to time. What little support they are now offering SBG is taking it in a direction I feel quite uneasy about. I am also sure there are many other people out there who will feel the same way. Please respect our opinions too.

ditto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:12 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think he would look fantastic on the battlefield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think he is ok, but the thing i dont get about him is that he has denethors shield. It would be ok if it was after denethor had died, but in the description it says that he is in defence of osgiliath. It doesn't make sense.

Cyndra the Grey
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
I think he is ok, but the thing i dont get about him is that he has denethors shield. It would be ok if it was after denethor had died, but in the description it says that he is in defence of osgiliath. It doesn't make sense.

Cyndra the Grey

Hmm, that is interesting. The model's name and appearance suggests a fourth age version of Faramir, but the model's description implies that this Faramir fought during the War of the Ring. I mean, he still could be a fourth age Faramir based on one's interpretation of the tense of the description, but wouldn't it have made more sense to connect the model to the time period in which he is supposed to be dwelling?

"Dude, is that the new Faramir model?"
*sarcasm, "Yeah, this is the new Faramir model, ha."
Two weeks later
"I told the guy it was a Faramir model! I was only joking, but now they're really going out like that!"

Sorry for the lame humor, couldn't resist :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:45 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

contrary to what seems to be the popular decision about the new faramir model is that I actually quite like it. it has a much more 'royal' look about it which really suits faramir at the time at which they are trying to depict him
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well my Opinions are here- I believe that the model is ok but needs a better paint job and scheme! Think about the old armored Faramir, I see this as a improvement. But due to the crappy shots on the Gamesworkshop Website I cannot be sure it is really as bad as you say or worse.

That Said what Gamesworshop needs to produce is a faramir blister that comes with the horseman and on foot. Personally I like the idea of Faramir as a ranger.

C & C on opinion

An by the way can we please stop argueing this :shout: Stating Opinions is good but this is not good
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Keep it civil guys.

Discussions like these can often get out of hand and deteriorate into flaming very quickly. No one wants that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Not a worry mate. The more heated aspect of the discussion finished up several days ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Longbottom Leaf wrote:
I quite like the new Faramir actually. I don't see where people are coming from saying he's fat, you can't see very much of his body. And I think the main problem with his face is just the paintjob. If he were painted in a more traditional Gondorian color scheme, with black and silver with white trim, I think he'd look even better.

Not really sure the need for another thread just to discuss him though...

I agree here. His belly was the last thing i was looking at. I was looking at the change in style. to the more 2nd age and Dol Amroth merged style with a cooler shield!!!

Hes good imo.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
I quite like the new Faramir actually. I don't see where people are coming from saying he's fat, you can't see very much of his body. And I think the main problem with his face is just the paintjob. If he were painted in a more traditional Gondorian color scheme, with black and silver with white trim, I think he'd look even better.

I feel the same way. It also may be the view of the picture that makes him look fat. I do want to see the model before I buy it
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:45 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I will not be using him as Faramir definately. I've already got armoured faramir foot and mounted. My plans lie with the dol-amroth look of him, and will use a spare shield and lance from the Knights of Dol Amroth box to turn him into Imrahil. He looks much better as Imrahin IMO.

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next