All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:36 pm

How useful have you found The One Ring's Articles?
Excellent! I have used them as guides for similar projects before 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Excellent/Very-good: I have used them when researching before a project, but not actually followed them as guides 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
They are good, but I wouldn't look at them when starting a project 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Okay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have found them unuseful 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What, articles? What am I doing on this forum? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: How useful do you find the OR Article System?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:52 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

We now have 115 articles in the site's library, but I was wondering how useful people find the One Ring Article System in general. The article quality is very high in my opinion, and although I have yet to use an article as a guide, I do look through them as research before starting a project. I wonder how other people feel about this fine system we are endowed with, so please choose one of the options in the poll.

(The last choice is the control - do not choose it! :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:54 pm 
its a gold mine for information and inspiration, and its one of the best article library around, if not then THE best. if it wasnt, i wouldnt have wrote three articles for it :wink:

i dont ususally follow one particular guide but incorparate different techniques. the best articles are the ones that when you finish reading, you think to yourself "ive learnt something from that"

i think the proofreaders do a top job getting the articles up, even more so for the authors :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I review articles for ideas and some guidance; I also look at the galleries as there are some fantastic pieces and ideas in there too.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The OR article system is IMO the best on the net. Though TLA has more, they are of a lesser quality. I use the articles for guidance and thhough I never exactly follow the articles (Although even if I tried to I wouldn't be able to match the quality of painting!) they serve as a usful resource. In fact I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed in one way or another and shared their experience and skill with us mortals!