All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:34 am

Post subject: Re: Playing WoTR again
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Chris wrote:
bah i realy need a TTT Rule book, because it is the book for the rohan :x

Again, this is for War of the Ring, not the Strategy Battle Game. You are talking about a ruleset that doesn't match this game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:16 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Draugluin wrote:
Chris wrote:

Again, this is for War of the Ring, not the Strategy Battle Game. You are talking about a ruleset that doesn't match this game.

lol....2 ppl told me to look on TTT ruler book to learn more about the rohan :x bah i cant even start :lol: where do i look them for some help and info???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Chris wrote:
Draugluin wrote:
Chris wrote:

lol....2 ppl told me to look on TTT ruler book to learn more about the rohan :x bah i cant even start :lol: where do i look them for some help and info???

Chris, for starters, don't post SBL lists in the WOTR forum, second the Two Towers is good for what you need, as you're playing SBG a nd the Two Towers is for SBG not WoTR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

lol....2 ppl told me to look on TTT ruler book to learn more about the rohan :x bah i cant even start :lol: where do i look them for some help and info???[/quote]

Chris, for starters, don't post SBL lists in the WOTR forum, second the Two Towers is good for what you need, as you're playing SBG a nd the Two Towers is for SBG not WoTR.[/quote]

I want to learn both :P cuz im trying to do some games on a near hobby shop to call more ppl to lotr :) there are some interested... specially in Wotr, some on SBG. Sorry if i mix both :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:29 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It would confuse you less if you tried one ruleset at a time. Wait till you're familiar with one before starting the other so you don't get mixed up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:32 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It would confuse you less if you tried one ruleset at a time. Wait till you're familiar with one before starting the other so you don't get mixed up.

What you sugest for me to start with? wotr or sbg?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:36 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I would say try SBG first, with it's new rulebooks, all you need is the main Rulebook and at least one of the new sourcebooks, ignore every other lotr book they make. When you have had a goos=d go and are confident try WoTR, all you need is the other main Rulebook and Battlehosts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would say try SBG first, with it's new rulebooks, all you need is the main Rulebook and at least one of the new sourcebooks, ignore every other lotr book they make. When you have had a goos=d go and are confident try WoTR, all you need is the other main Rulebook and Battlehosts.

Then for the SBG i need The rule book, TTT and maybe legions of middle earth?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The rulebook yes but not the others. LoME is now kerplunct, there is a new rules set which replaces it. Also, in hindsight, Two Towers book is pointless a swell, all the updated Rohan profiles can be found in the new Kingdoms of Men Sourcebook.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The rulebook yes but not the others. LoME is now kerplunct, there is a new rules set which replaces it. Also, in hindsight, Two Towers book is pointless a swell, all the updated Rohan profiles can be found in the new Kingdoms of Men Sourcebook.

Bah but the new books are realy expensive, and so many :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: anyway i found like..2 players, they dont even know about any new rule :roll: its like finding something old, why use something new? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:52 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

They are expensive, but if you want to use lots of armies, it will cost you less than playing LoMe and Old Sourcebooks. How can they not no new rules, they not seen the GW site for the past month?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

They are expensive, but if you want to use lots of armies, it will cost you less than playing LoMe and Old Sourcebooks. How can they not no new rules, they not seen the GW site for the past month?

Nope, they saw my thread on a website for 40k and other games on my country, i posted there all my LOTR stuff ...only 1 knows about it, but hes only interested in 1 sourcebook, so...he wants to play with half old rules, half new rules :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Half old rules half new? he must be even more confused than you lol. tell him he will confuse and confound himself.

you could play entirel old set if you want as long as you acknowledge pts changes, and make up a list for each new releas to go in since they're not in the old lists. (hence the new rules would be easier)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Half old rules half new? he must be even more confused than you lol. tell him he will confuse and confound himself.

you could play entirel old set if you want as long as you acknowledge pts changes, and make up a list for each new releas to go in since they're not in the old lists. (hence the new rules would be easier)

im not confusing :no:

how about if i play with the old rules only? I dont have any of the new mini's :roll: i think i will start playing against myself just to learn... can that work? I think maybe it will be confuse to play vs me hummm maybe im confused after all :lol:

bah, i wish i was living in uk :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I do too, that way I could see you models in person.

If you play with the old ruleset, (thus needing LoME and TT) , there are some changes you still need to acknowledeg. Eg In the old ruleset, Outriders are listed as heroes, but now they no langer have a Fate point and are classed as Warriors. Lots of pts values have changed for the better too, in old rulesets some modeks were overpowered because they costed them too cheaply, but in new rule sets they are better balanced eg Spider Queens now cost 40pts more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I do too, that way I could see you models in person.

If you play with the old ruleset, (thus needing LoME and TT) , there are some changes you still need to acknowledeg. Eg In the old ruleset, Outriders are listed as heroes, but now they no langer have a Fate point and are classed as Warriors. Lots of pts values have changed for the better too, in old rulesets some modeks were overpowered because they costed them too cheaply, but in new rule sets they are better balanced eg Spider Queens now cost 40pts more.

Maybe i buy the new rule book one day :) lets see how it goes, if i start playing for real...like i said, i found only 2 players, i have to see first if they will play for real, or just a match or 2 :x