All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Post subject: Ringwraiths and Winged Nazgul
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

After two years of playing the forces of good, my regular opponent allowed me to play evil. Moria is still being painted, so I chose Mordor. To get my own back after the aforesaid two years of regular defeats I chose, from the 1500 pts available, 6 Ringwraiths, Gothmog and Durburz and three hordes, each of 9 companies of Orcs/Goblins.

Needless to say I won.

Was it fun? No! It was not even a challenge: 'Wings of Terror'/'Strength Through Corruption' and a few 'Black Darts' to whittle down his heroes Might.

Yet his army was 'cheesey', albeit, thematic(ish): Gilgalad/Elendil/Galadriel and High Elves and Numenor.

So why the post?

Simple. I will play Mordor again, makes a change from Gondor or Dwarves or Elves. However, the 'House-Rule' is that there cannot be more Ringwraiths than Winged Nazgul, i.e. to have two Ringwraiths you need at LEAST three Winged Nazgul. Stops the spamming underpriced Ringwraiths and makes the Mordor player think about how to use the vulnerable Winged Nazgul to effect.

Stephen

Post subject: Re: Ringwraiths and Winged Nazgul
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

You should change it slightly to AT LEAST one Winged Nazgul per Ringwraith, so if you took 2 Wraiths youd have to take 2 Winged Nazgul, but could choose more, that way if you want onewraith you ony need one Winged Nazgul.