All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:21 am

Post subject: Re: Isengard
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

mastermanje wrote:
erhm, that galadhrim are high elf cohorts!!!
doesnt matter, and thanx for reactions, and i've found something about the legendaries http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... eMode=true, as they used 1500 points here, and if you didn't have to buy 3 extra companies for a 3 copanie legendary, than he would have the points to buy another company
my army list for now is:
200 points total
Thydran
2x 3 comp.dundelings with 2h's, one with banner bearer
3 comp balistea(in def. terrain)
4 comp warg riders, hornblower
Saruman
Dugburz, one of saruman's most tallented shamans(Drûzhag)
Karnash, a very intelligent leader of sarumans army(Gotmog)
2x 4 comp xbows with captain
6 comp. uruks with shields
4 comp. feral uruks
Khamul(still didn't found a name for him)
any other ideas?

Mastermanje your very low on troops. Six formations of foot with 5 epics is not a good idea unless those formations are big and though (Def7). Except for your six companies of Uruks your troops are def4 or 5, a clever opponent will concentrate on one unit at a time and your epics will be lost.
I would beef up your Dunland Huscarls to 5 companies each, 3 company def 4 are to vulnerable unless you are using them as hard hitting support for your shielded troops. A good tactic large block of Shielded Huscarls hit and the 2 h's support the flank.
Forget Khamul and some of the upgrades, use the points for 2 x 4 companies of shielded uruks, 2 x 3 Wargs, Huscarls to at least 4 companies
If you are going to ambush with your feral, 4 companies may be to big, depends on how you do your terrain.
Not sure what the meta game is like over in Holland, but we have much high ratios of troops to epics, an army like this would be annihilated, You would be out manoeuvred out flanked and just would not have the firepower to deal with the numbers of troops.
Clocked elves would be your biggest nightmare :shock:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:38 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

okay, i'm making a new list

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

new list:
2x4 comps dundelings with 2h's
2x3 comps warg riders
sappers
Grima
3x3 comps uruk xbows
3x4 comps uruks with shield
6 comps uruks with shields
Saruman
3 comps ghostly riders with captain
Suladane

Tactics: The uruks with shields are used in the front line.
The warg riders travel along the board edges into enemy terrain
Grima joins the formation with a hero who is the nearest to Suladan, if i'm second i just move Suladan towards them, otherwise i call an epic challenge, as i have hero of legend and perillious hubris, or how it is called. He can easily kill that hero and thats the way i'll gonna slay heroes.
The ghostly riders keep themselves near Grima, so i can ATD in their back and it will be very easy to slay them of before they can strike back.
The sappers keep themselves behind the uruks, and when i think its time, they make a heroic move with saruman's overlord into the enemy lines, and i let saruman cast spells on them, so they will explode. The dundelings fight at the middle of my great uruk hai host.
saruman is deployed in a defensable structure with some xbows next to the most forward line of my deployment area, so he can let my sappers make a heroic move, and still cast them down. The other xbows are deployed in a line next to saruman. The dundelings are deployed in the middle of the uruks an are led to battle by Suladan.

wath do you think of this tactic and deployment