All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:28 am

Post subject: Gothmog, Overlording Master of Battle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:50 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Overlording with Master of Battle. We came to this discussion last night. The scenario last night was could Gothmog Overlord his Master of Battle Rule. For example, copying Herioc Charge and overlording it to a Heroless formation. We decided not to since the formation has to use might (and Master of Battle is free). Anyone come across this/thought of this? For completeness, I just wanted to share this tidbit.

...and I was victorious!

Post subject: Re: Gothmog, Overlording Master of Battle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:05 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

When a formation is making use of an overlord's ability, it is the target formation that is calling the action, Overlord simply allows them to pay for it from the overlord's might reserve, while Master of Battle specifies that Gothmog calls the copied action. I don't see anyway that the two could actually interact. Gothmog isn't calling an action and then sending the action to the other formation, the target formation is taking a point of Gothmog's might to call their own action.
 Post subject: Re: Gothmog, Overlording Master of Battle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes i agree with forgotton lore.
When the overlord rule is used it allows a formation within 24" of a model with the overlord rule to call a heroic action and use the overlords might to call the action rather than their own. Note that the use of this rule is limited to only calling heroic actions. Other actions triggered by might may not be used with this Rule.
Master of battle is a special abillity not a heroic action and so cannnot be called by another formation.
Only heroic actions as listed on page 66 may be called when using the overlord rule.