All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:31 pm

Post subject: Dnd, I'm dming a 4th ed game.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I am creating my own theme, background and storyline for the game. I already have the endless war of the elve's the two elf race's the dras [dark elve's] and the syde [wood elve's] the eldrin and the human's help the syde and the monster's of the otherworld [the home of deamon's and dras] help the dras. I have made two ogre clan's. dwarven mountain's, monk monastery, wizard's tower, robin hood like dude, and there's a lot more that I will list soon.

Idea's?

An eccentric hattapunk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Ideas for what? I don't exactly get what you need ideas on.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

A new background! I disliked the old one and I wanted to create a world with some help from my mates and this forum.

If you don't know dungeons and dragons[dnd] is a role-playing game and you create a character, fight monsters, kinda' like a runescape on paper and pencil.

You may argue that if I make my own background I am not playing dnd at all but a game of my own but with the same rules, or you can act like its a
house rule for dnd, most clubs have them.

Worlds longest geekiest sentence in the world! :time:

An eccentric hattapunk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
I know what D&D is, I did AD&D for a few months.

I still don't get what the background is for, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Anduril Flame wrote:

I still don't get what the background is for, sorry.

The background is, in all possibility, to provide a setting to the campaign, and to personalise the game, rather than using a cookie-cutter module.

Ideas wise, it might be best if you gave us a little more information about what kind of game you want to run.

Will it be all about the hack 'n' slash, more character driven exploits of intrigue and roleplaying or just Monty Haul beer and pretzels fun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that's weird - I just bought the 4th Edition Players Handbook today.

I have visions of running a DnD campaign here in Middle-earth where the players start off in Dale and must race to find the Shire and warn Bilbo of the impending hunt for the Ring.

That'll be a task for next year though, when I hope to find some spare time.

In the meantime... do you want to run a campaign - a series of linked games where the players follow a quest. Or will it be a series of 'delves' - short single session adventures that have no common thread?

Give us an idea of what you're thinking of and I am sure we can help come up with adventure ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Dagorlad wrote:
Quote:
Give us an idea of what you're thinking of and I am sure we can help come up with adventure ideas.

I agree. I can't play D&D anymore, all the players around here quit, but I'd like to help with yours, Zilegil.

Is it going to be a middle-earth theme, or just normal fantasy? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

It is based on my own fantasy based background that I am in the progress of creating. So not lotr ok.

I'm making a campaign where they want to find a base where they can sleep and live.

When they enter the cave they find an elf who seas them and says "leave me alone! This is my home!" and warns them to get back or he will fight them.

So if the heros turn back I will think of something. If they fight they will probably win and knock him out, then the elf turns out to be ill weak and dying [thats why they can overpower the strong fast elf dude] and says that
there is a antidote in the other room and is they give the antidote to him they can have the room to go sleep and live in BUT the room is infested
with giant rats. When they kill the rats they learn that that the elf is called
eldarron and he is grateful and will help them if necessary.

Thats the 1st adventure but i'm busy so I will come back and write it later.

An eccentric hattapunk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like a nice start to an adventure.

Perhaps the antidote could be a potion that he has stashed there, but was too weak to fight the rats for it. The potion could be the 'hook' that draws the adventurers to their next encounter - maybe the potion was made from herbs or mushrooms that only grow in a certain region and the adventurers must travel there to retrieve some more.

Or maybe the rats are the 'hook' - maybe after the heroes kill the rats, they discover a strange mark has been branded onto the backs of each rat - the mark of a well-known evil dude. So the adventurers must discover the meaning of this discovery.

Or perhaps there is a strange sign stratched into the cave wall that glows when covered in blood - some of the rat's blood was splattered onto it. And something happens to one of the players as a result, so they need to go off and find a cure or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Dagorlad has some good ideas. 8) Here's some from me as well:

Maybe one of the rats could have a pair of runes branded onto it's back. The PC's stencil them down and show them to Eldarron. He appears shocked and horrified by it; he draws in his breath to speak, but as he is about to speak, a poisoned dart shoots from the cave mouth and hits him; he dies within seconds. If the PC's look fast enough, they will see a small, shadowy figure for a handful of seconds before he bolts off. If they attempt to follow him, he will easily escape, obliterating his tracks as he goes, and shoot at them with his crossbow. The PC's must attempt to find him and find out why he killed Eldarron and, hopefully, what the runes on the leather mean.

Another idea:
Eldarron lives and tells the PC's that he is grateful for their assistance. Just then, two men show up; both are heavily armored and carry big weapons. They demand payment from Eldarron; he refuses. They will attempt to attack Eldarron with their maces and, if the PC's try to stop them, they will fight them too. If they survive, Eldarron tells them that he has learned a spell to grow diamonds; the men have been extorting them from him for some time. On the latest occasion, he refused to and they beat him, which could be the reason why he was dying. Eldarron says that there are more men, and they have also had control of the local town for some time.

Just some ideas.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I was thinking the black plague from the rats, so maybe he needs a rat carcass to make the antidote and the branded icon on the rats back can be of the evil general night-shade.

Well I think that the next adventure was that some elves find him and try to take him prisoner [for some reason] so the adventurers kill the elves and try to save him. When they do he is so grateful that he tells them that he is half dras half syde and so an outcast of the syde and his mother [kalena the brave] and his father [unknown yet but turns out to be night-shade who grew up the ranks to general for some reason] fell in love and secretly had
eldarron. then the syde found out and threw him out just in case he betrays
them.

He says that he will help fight night-shade if they help him find his mother.
so they quest to find his mother when they come across a small army
of ogres,[6 too strong for them to fight, run from or hide from] when a female elf [around lvl 30!] jumps out and slaughters the ogres. The elf turns out to be kalena princess of the elves!

End of adventure 2.

Thats it for now but I will find a good icon, sign or seal for night-shade. :sauron:

An eccentric hattapunk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I am thinking up more of a back-ground but I need help.
[I don't mean the story but the world it is set in]
:)

An eccentric hattapunk