LOTR 89%  89%  [ 8 ]
Warhammer 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Your Best Characters and Ideas For Roleplaying
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Woohoo! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

D&D is back! I love the roleplayig idea and would love people to share thier funny :lol: , memorable :roll: or just plain awesome 8) characters from past roleplaying experiences!

Cheers

Lord Cicapha
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:38 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, i while ago, i had a character which was from some kind of lizard race. He had this long spiked chain with which i could attack from 2 squares away.
Once we were fighting this spaghetti monster created by some insane guy, and each time you did slashing damaga on him, everyone on a square touching his one took 1 wound (because of the very hot spaghetti and sauce falling over you). So, my friends were in base contact fighting that monster, while I was just swinging my chain, damaging him and my friends :P . it was quite funny...

...for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

My best happenstance was in Exalted, where I was a twleve foot tall Lunar wolf, and a friend was a two-foot tall Solar. He desprately wanted to get into combat, and I siezed him by the collar, hoisted him up, and hurled im directly into the enemy throng! He died, but it was good fun anyway!

April: 0/3 choices complete

Yearly total: 50/74 models done O.o
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've never played D&D but I have played a fairly similar roleplaying game invented by me...I was the GM, two friends were the players.

One was a beastman and the other was an orc, they started out and joined the army, then went on to do a D-Day kind of invasion in which both of them died :P
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

HAHAHAHA

Oh man you guys are classic. My favorite character has gotta be this snobby elf i had. He had an addiction to drugs and slapping people and took insults extremely badly. He was though in fact an excellent bowman and his longbow was so powerful that it went right through the harad raider a was shooting at and into my poor Rohan friend killing them both instantly! *GULP* :oops: :lol: . Another one of my characters was alovely little hobbit called Tommy Wackashoe, he was a shoemaker but secretly was a necromancer!!!! Can you imagine that a hobbit necromancer!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone played a Cathulu (horror :twisted:) game either. My friends and i are gonna try one out and i was wondering what anyone else thought of it?

Cheers
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:18 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bah, Call of Cthulu is just bad. If you're into pure slaughter fests where the only thing you do is wreak havoc on everything, then go for it, but if you are like me and like good old roleplaying, don't bother with it.

Makes me glad I only devoted three pages of Shadow of the Dog Lord to combat...there was excellent reason behind it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I don't think you'll last long in Call of Cthulu of you try to kill everything :P
We have had some sessions of it, and i thought it was fun, especially the dark, evil feeling... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just personal experience for me, but every person who I game with who started playing Cthulu has turned into a royal git after playing it, saying "Your game isn't scary enough", or "There needs to be more horror and macrabe here" etc. They've even askd me why I don't have things like sex or rape in my games, which made me unbelieveably uncomfortable.

Needless to say, I've gotten a different gaming group with more mature and sensble players (well, they're mostly female, so...). It may not be the same for anyone else, but from my personal expreiences, I like to stay away frm Cthulu as far as possible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Not scary enough? i got into that game so much sometimes that i actually got a bit scared myself!. :P

Example: in a scenario, there were these red flowers that only grew in a corps, and there was an entire field of them!

And a dead horse almost killing one of my friends :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I wasn't specific, I guess.

The payers played Cthulu. I have never played it, and they were complaining about a "kiidie" style of play for my Shadow of the Dog Lord playtests. They would say "Come on, you're 18. Deal with it." I said "sorry, but when stuff like that that has happened to my fiance, it's a no go for me!"

Sorry if anyone has been made uncomfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

dont worry about it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:44 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

oh my god lol i have the funiest story i was adventuring with two battle mages in the dark lands (a dark scary place where everything tries to kill you :P :P loL!!!!! ) and a owl troll attacked doing 4 d4 damage a turn in combat!!! holy smokes! so i sumoned a sliverbane sword and attacked it! and killed it omg then a fire drakon mage poped up i was so scared!!!!! my sword was at half mana recharge so i went for it and i killed it to!!!!!! :D :D man it was so cool, i found 4500 gp on the body and an arcane dagger. A death mage came and casted hell on hearth!!!! holy Devlan Mud!!!! i hid in a battleshield that my mage friends cast (they are identicle twins by the way!!!!!!) Then somoned 3 war casters to defeat the sceletol minions!!!!!!! i used the arcane dagger on the mage and killed it!!!!! omg it was so tense!!!! then the DM (he is kinda crazy :D!!!!!!!!!) decided to teleport me to a lava castle!!!!!!! i grabed an elemental beam sword that was on the wall and defeated the balzog (its like the balrog but 30 times biger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i took the demon neclace and somoned him back to fight for me!!!!!!!!!!! then i took over the world and defeated the king of chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if he was in lotr he would be like 100000000 points) i stole the book of the dead from the gods and broght back all the things i killed to life!!!!!!!!!!!! then i defeated the gods and became supreme ruler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :D :D :D here is the funny part :D :D i drank a potion of greatnes and grew huuuuuuuge!!!!!!!!! then realised i was just a realy small guy on an even bigger world then i got eaten by an ant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :D :D LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt i tell you he was crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOLLL!!!!!!! he is sooo funny!!!!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:18 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

weird :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm............... yeah!!!

So i was wonderiong wat would be the best weapon to use in the cathulu game because i want to be able to do some serious butt whooping!! Any weapons you have tried work extremely well???? :roll:

Cheers
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

yea it was a joke....
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:22 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if there is somewhere where I can get the rules for dnd roleplaying game free preferably
Thanks Maskrider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sorry, but that's MAJOR copyright infringment and definately illegal. You're going to have to buy them legally.

I suggest waiting until December-January(?) when 4th Edition comes out and buy 3.5 cheap on sale from somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Is this the same as the board game set I brought that came with redgar, jozan,liddia and thatr wizard women?
Thx Maskrider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That is the D&D miniatures game. Although the Role Playing game does suggest (and in my opinion, require) the use of miniatures, it is a separate game entirely, sorry.