All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

found an article which is fairly old but explains a bit.
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/937/937710p1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_The_Rings_Conquest

Theres some info about what levels there are. Anyone know if there's a free play mode where can select any level, as this only mentions campaign mode.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:03 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

woo good news every one =] (who has an xbox 360 with xbox live)

The demo is now on the market place. I am downloading it at the moment and its on 8%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:00 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

theharadkight wrote:
woo good news every one =] (who has an xbox 360 with xbox live)

The demo is now on the market place. I am downloading it at the moment and its on 8%.

Yup, planning on giving it a run through later. Just managed to dl it and play for about 3 minutes before work last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I haven't got live. Can you post about what it's like when you've played it?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i liked the story tutorial prolouge thing but the online is over run with mages and archers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well, I haven't played Battlefront, so I can't do a comparison with that...

It looks like a slightly more polished version of the LotR games from Playstation 2. The demo is pretty short, you start as a warrior, and learn all the basics before capturing a control point, then you have to switch to an archer, you learn their moves, capture a control point, learn about scouts, capture a control point, turn into a mage... See where this is going?

Then Sauron turns up, and you have to defeat him. You have the option of switching to Isulduir (or it might be Elendil, can't remember, was knackered) And that's pretty much it.

From what I gather, you will play the story modes as any of the 4 classes, with the option to switch between them at control points, and I reckon you 'unlock' the heroes by completing mission objectives, and can then use them in boss fights. I'm not 100% on this, as going by the video, you see Gandalf fighting the Balrog, so that might be a straightup hero fight.

Don't really know what to make a direct comparison with, but it's a fun little game, and I'm def considering picking it up when it's released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

gaarew wrote:

It looks like a slightly more polished version of the LotR games from Playstation 2. The demo is pretty short, you start as a warrior, and learn all the basics before capturing a control point, then you have to switch to an archer, you learn their moves, capture a control point, learn about scouts, capture a control point, turn into a mage... See where this is going?

Then Sauron turns up, and you have to defeat him. You have the option of switching to Isulduir (or it might be Elendil, can't remember, was knackered) And that's pretty much it.

From what I gather, you will play the story modes as any of the 4 classes, with the option to switch between them at control points, and I reckon you 'unlock' the heroes by completing mission objectives, and can then use them in boss fights. I'm not 100% on this, as going by the video, you see Gandalf fighting the Balrog, so that might be a straightup hero fight.

Don't really know what to make a direct comparison with, but it's a fun little game, and I'm def considering picking it up when it's released.

Battlefronts is without a doubt the best game ever released on PS2, so that should give a little bit of info, considering I don't really like playing shooters.^^

Rueben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:20 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

and thats why the xbox rocks :D :-D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

theharadkight wrote:
and thats why the xbox rocks :D :-D :D

Huh? :)

Rueben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Is there a free play mode? Instant action I think they call it on battlefront, where you can just play any level you like and not a storyline.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

CaptainOfTheWhiteTower wrote:
Is there a free play mode? Instant action I think they call it on battlefront, where you can just play any level you like and not a storyline.

Jep, it's said in the livewire interview.^^

Rueben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Amarthadan wrote:
gaarew wrote:

Battlefronts is without a doubt the best game ever released on PS2, so that should give a little bit of info, considering I don't really like playing shooters.^^

Rueben

definately, BF2 was absolutely great!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Amarthadan wrote:
CaptainOfTheWhiteTower wrote:

Jep, it's said in the livewire interview.^^

Rueben

Sounds good to me 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Found a cool video.
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14226954/the-lord-of-the-rings-conquest/videos/lotr_multiplayer_010709.html;jsessionid=1asez4qc3dwmc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Does anyone know how to enable (or disable) the splitscreen co-op. When 1 player picks a team, the 2nd player can only choose the other team, and not the same (ally with other player), and vice versa.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I got this today and overall it's pretty good. It's a lot like battlefront. Visually the levels look quite good, although probably doesn't maximise xbox 360 capablities. The basic attack seems a bit too heavy though as you can't really attack rapidly.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Corsair wrote:
Does anyone know how to enable (or disable) the splitscreen co-op. When 1 player picks a team, the 2nd player can only choose the other team, and not the same (ally with other player), and vice versa.

cheers

I had the same problem, I sure hope you can do that. :roll:

You know what's missing? A game mode like in BF 2, Galactic conquest, LOTR style, that would make the game complete.

Rueben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Amarthadan wrote:
Corsair wrote:

cheers

I had the same problem, I sure hope you can do that. :roll:

You know what's missing? A game mode like in BF 2, Galactic conquest, LOTR style, that would make the game complete.

Rueben

That was where you had to take control of all the planets wasn't it? That would've been good to have on this game.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Corsair wrote:

cheers

I found it, just open the setup menu in the instant action screen and turn of "auto-balance teams". 8)

Rueben

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next