All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks nice but photo is 2small to say something more :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Wiktor....you seriously don't know how much that means coming from you... :D

I really need to get a pin vice for drilling holes. Probably I'll pick one up on my next trip to the hardware store. 8)

@ GildorPl thanks, I'll upload a bigger pic next time :)

If I get much closer my camera (a Kodak FTR) takes blurry pictures, even on the close setting. But I've cropped the photo to show only what I've done so far....this is about the best I can do.

Hmmmm....these closer pictures show me what I need to do next....the shin eagle, bell and purity seals all need highlights :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Skull is great. :yay: Red parts could be lighter because i didnt see them when i was looking at this picture.
Nice progress mate!

Im looking forward to see this guy finished. Black armor is quiet difficult part to paint. Do your best, we dont know the meaning of word " mercy" :twisted:
8) Have a nice day!

PS Sorry 4my English :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
GildorPl wrote:
Skull is great. :yay: Red parts could be lighter because i didnt see them when i was looking at this picture.
Nice progress mate!

Im looking forward to see this guy finished. Black armor is quiet difficult part to paint. Do your best, we dont know the meaning of word " mercy" :twisted:
8) Have a nice day!

PS Sorry 4my English :oops:

Thanks! Yeah, the red needs highlights..it's just based with Mechrite Red right now.

No worries on the english, I literally wouldn't have known it wasn't your first language if you hadn't told me. We have a lot of americans here and elsewhere who make a lot less sense :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great work, it looks even better up close! I agree with Gildor, the red could use an extra highlight to make it pop a little more. The areas you mentioned also could use an extra highlight or two. Fantastic work Anduril, this is most definitley your best model so far. 8)

P.S. Your English is great, Gildor. :)

Bilbo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I agree, this is shaping up to your best yet. I really, really, like the skull, I find it hard to paint bone and you did a great job of it. :yay: There is also a hint of an expression on the scull, it makes him more menacing. 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I got one more, small commission as of ten minutes ago. This guy wants two Space Marine chapter masters he won off Ebay (he has no idea who made them) painted to my highest possible standard....

Here's some pics he sent me of them. They should be at my house within a week, according to the commissioner.

I can't wait to get my hands on these...they look asbolutely awesome, even if the sculpting is sort of meh in places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

They aren't just chapter masters, they are Lion El'Jhonson and Sanguinius, primarchs of the Dark Angels and Blood Angels. I'd love to paint thos minis 0.0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Valdor wrote:
They aren't just chapter masters, they are Lion El'Jhonson and Sanguinius, primarchs of the Dark Angels and Blood Angels. I'd love to paint thos minis 0.0.

Oh....

I do like 40k, but I'm a bit of a newbie on the fluff part of it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:37 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
Here's some pics he sent me of them. They should be at my house within a week, according to the commissioner.

This miniatures kicks ass! They looks superb! You are lucker. I'd love to paint first one but now im "dancing" with Napoleon's soldiers :(
Your topic is one of the most interesting on this forum especially now, when you paste pictures of this cool marines. I must paint someone when I finished my comission, definitly :)

Thanks guys for warm words. I have a banana;s teacher. She gives us a lot of homeworks/ we have 2 tests in week <1 gramma, 1 words>. Its terrible :roll:

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

My (very!) WIP entry for a competition on another site, MiniWarGaming. I'm doing a one-on-one challenge with a tac. sergeant as the miniature (that's what this one's for) and a nine-way challenge with a tac. marine as the miniature (expect updates on that soon too!)

I also got the two Primarchs in the mail today, and aim to finish them by next Monday 8)

After that it's back to the Black Templars commission...which I'm currently about 15-20% done with. I've been taking it easy on this one since the commissioner is overseas until September and said no rush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:07 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Seeing as it's a WiP, do you mind if I critique the heck out of it then?

Even if it is completely WiP, I think there are a few things you need to keep in mind...

Firstly, I think the transition of your black armour should be a bit subtler, and not start outright with codex grey. I think you really should be starting with a heavy black+grey basecoat, and then continue to layer from there.

For metallics starting with boltgun (which I think you've already done), you should be looking to make completel and total coverage, and not dry to pick out areas - you can always leave that to washes, or blacklining, which is generally a little more accurate.

I will continue watching progress on this though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Haldir_Strikes wrote:
Seeing as it's a WiP, do you mind if I critique the heck out of it then?

Even if it is completely WiP, I think there are a few things you need to keep in mind...

Firstly, I think the transition of your black armour should be a bit subtler, and not start outright with codex grey. I think you really should be starting with a heavy black+grey basecoat, and then continue to layer from there.

For metallics starting with boltgun (which I think you've already done), you should be looking to make completel and total coverage, and not dry to pick out areas - you can always leave that to washes, or blacklining, which is generally a little more accurate.

I will continue watching progress on this though!

No, believe me, I don't mind! I love criticism! :D

On the armour, I was going to dull it down with a few washes of Badab Black.

On the metallics, thanks, I actually didn't notice that before! I'll touch that up and hopefully add some shading on it later today. Probably washes unfortunately...I don't have a pen fine enough for blacklining, and doing it with a brush...well, I tend to slip a lot. I still don't have the steadiest of hands :lol:

Keep the criticism coming!

-Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I know it is only a WiP, but, i do have a good suggestion for you. To give character and a more distinguished look to the model you should add a crusade badge (+possibly a worn previous one) and icons from a particular crusade.

I would suggest either adding a Witch bolt cannister to the bolt pistol (it can easily be made from spare cylindrical templar pieces) or paint the power fist red as a symbol of another crusade.

This Link provides ideas for 4 different crusades not found in the templar codex.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That's a good idea actually Cal, thanks! :yay:

Small update. Commissioner sent me another huge batch of stuff, and I've started on one of the Masters of the Chapter. When I saw them on GW, I hated them at first sight and never looked again, because, let's face it, these guys look AWFUL

But upon recieving the actual figures, I found, with a different scheme, they are actually VERY fun to paint.

I did the cloak last night. TBH I think it looks utterly amazing IRL, compared to the rest of my work. The pic doesn't do it a bit of justice. I spent close to two hours on the cloak, the pic doesn't show some of the very subtle shading/blending I did on it.

I tried shading with a dark blue, might have gotten too light though; I'll have to wash a bit of Badab Black in the recesses to dull it down.

Overall, though, I'm extremely pleased with this, and hope I can do as well on the rest of the figure!

Also got a bit done on the Sanguinis, don't worry folks it's very WIP! Though the wings are basically done, TBH the sculpting is just terrible on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

They dont look awefull... just colourfull! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As far as the minis are concerned, they're not that bad imho. Maybe they're a bit too static and lack some dynamism but overall I like them ;)

I like the dark shade of red on the cloak, I'm sure it'll look even better when the armour is painted.

The metallics on Sanguinis look very nice, though it's hard to say more at this point (a close-up would be useful).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:15 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I definitely prefer your paint scheme for the Chapter Master.

The metalics on sanguinus look good, but a close up would be nice.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. I used crusade badges for one of my sword brethren and i am currently working on a grand crusade scheme for my castellan which includes a new back pack banner with free hand painted on it.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The red is looking very nice. I like the smooth transitions and the contrast. 8) :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:57 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next