All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

Post subject: New Year, New Army
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Has anyone taken the challenge? What army and what size have you chosen?

I picked Elves, mostly because I really want to play through the scenarios in Defense of the North. I'm going with a small force of Rivendell Elves for that army. Then I'm doing Lothlorien for the scenarios with a box of wood elves. If I have some money, I'd like to add the Halls of Thranduil at the end of the year. I have a box of great eagles, so I'd like to try them as allies and possibly some ents, too.

Then I decided I needed an evil force, so I chose Khand. I have lots of their models, but I've never been able to settle on a colour scheme for them. I really want to do jade instead of red with bay and black horses. I think the robes will be grey or warm white. Jade green just screams "east" to me. I have no idea what size it will be, I haven't taken a tally of what models I even have.

If I have time, I'd like to do Angmar critters for the evil side. I need to acquire some spiders for the scenarios anyway, and I'd like to paint up some orcs for a store demo army. Plus the new Sons of Horus Green is a colour I really want to try for an Angmar army.