All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm

Post subject: 650 points Rivendell and Arnor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:41 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I recently came up with this idea of bringing the one and only Stannis the Mannis to Middle Earth. After realizing how Malbeth would be the perfect fit for Melisandre, I decided Arnor would be the army to go with. However, since the list lacks that 'punch', I think some allies would be needed. And who pack more of a punch than Rivendell Knights? So, looking at their list, Elrond actually seems like a quite good fit for Stannis, the foresight points representing Melisandre looking into the fire and the spirit bane working well for Lightbringer. This made me come up with the following list:

Stannis Baratheon (Elrond with armor on horse)
5 Knights of R'hllor (Rivendell Knights with shields)

Davos Seaworth (Ardevui)
10 Dragonstone Veterans (Warriors of Arnor)
1 Dragonstone Veteran with banner (Warrior of Arnor with banner)

Melisandre (Malbeth)
10 Dragonstone Veterans (Warriors of Arnor)

Now, how do you think this list would fare competitively? I'd say it could do pretty good. Stannis and his Knights can take on lots of threats. Wrath of the Bruinen works perfect as a cavalry counter. The bows provide me with at least some kind of range threat.

The Dragonstone Veterans would work as a rock solid anchor, F4 D6 and 5+ fate saves being quite something to have to deal with. Now their only weakness is their low courage. It doesn't seem like too much of a problem in this list however. The Veterans are mainly there to hold the line so wouldn't need to charge terror causing models anyways, while the Knights do have the courage to deal with them. Added to that, with both the stand fast of Stannis and Davos, they should be able to stick around after breaking too.