All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:56 pm

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hello everyone.

I used to browse this site a few years ago. Was mainly a collector, didn't have patience for the game. Kind of lost interest over the years. Anyhow I have a much younger brother who has found my old stuff and is giving it a go (not bad for a 10 year old), and with the Hobbit coming up I can see a few quid of mine going GWs way again. Just have a few questions to bring me up to speed if anyone would be so kind as to answer.

Has there been any significant changes to the game from the 'one' rulebook version 2005 ish? I remember War of the Ring coming out just before my interest completely waned but never played it.

Are there plans to re-release all the stuff in Finecast or just a selection? I remember a load of stuff existing, but a lot of it isn't on the GW website anymore, some box sets etc. If anyone has a list of the main releases from back in the day that'd be handy, might scour ebay. Also are any of the old GW website articles archived?

I also remember a dead fell beast but can't find a picture. Was this ever released or was it just some white dwarf article?

One final thing, I remember some dude on here sculpting his own very impressive version of Smaug, over the course of many months if not more. Can't remember the username.

I think that's about it. I'm Al by the way, from Dublin.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Hello :)

Quote:
Has there been any significant changes to the game from the 'one' rulebook version 2005 ish?

Kind of, beginning of this year they released new sourcebooks which contained rules for warbands. Basically you need a hero for every 12 troops. The ORB is still the current ed although that might change for the hobbit :roll:

Quote:
Are there plans to re-release all the stuff in Finecast or just a selection?

They seem to be doing the popular and big stuff first. They have just re-released treebeard and a couple others in FC. If you dont want the resin (which is a pain) then I'd get the metal stuff off GW sooner rather than later.

Quote:
I also remember a dead fell beast but can't find a picture. Was this ever released or was it just some white dwarf article?

Pretty sure that was just an article. I don't remember it being released.

Quote:
Also are any of the old GW website articles archived?

Nope :sad: there are hardly any decent articles on the GW site now, some people may have them saved here though.

Quote:
One final thing, I remember some dude on here sculpting his own very impressive version of Smaug, over the course of many months if not more. Can't remember the username.

UKFreddyBear? He is our resident sculptor.

Hopefully this covers everything :)

Sam :gandalf:

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The Fellbeast was a WD article. The dragon you are referring too was by sculpted by Natarn. He painstakingly textured it scale by scale. It is one of the articles featured in the sculpting section:

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/kb.php?a=187

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ah cool, that was the one. Fair play to the lad for finishing it!