All times are UTC

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:44 am

Post subject: magnetic
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:59 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I remember once reading here some where about magnetic paint. Don't remember exactly where. I didn't find it back. I saw something about magnets to. - A time ago , i was thinking what if i would want to play with my miniatures somewhere else then at home... I didn't got a clue how to move them without damaging. You could make your own case to carry them with soft stuff in it so they will be safe. But that sounded like it was lots of work. I want something simple and hopefully cheaper. I remembered some of the guys here making the figures magnetic so they could walk on walls and stuff. I also saw someone who used the magnets to store his figures in a box.
It's seems a good way to me. But are the magnets - or the paint strong enough? - And what's best magnets glued under it. Or some magnetic paint? I don't know how many differences there are in those stuff. So i suppose some might be bad to use for things like this. Because they are not strong enough. How much will it cost ? ( ***???Euro?). Dunno what's the prize of a metal plate. But i suppose that will be not to high?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

No such thing as magnetic paint, I think youare thinking of 'earth magnets' they come in all sorts of sizes and very strong - just ebay it for prices, they are pretty cheap.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

They got something at school like it, they use it for paper cut animation - but the pot has dry up. If you put it against a magnetic board it sticks. And if i am not wrong it also does against metal. I looked in the closet now at school but i didn't found anything. I think they might have thrown it away. Otherwise i could check on the brandname.

Post subject: tape
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I purchased some magnetic tape when I saw it at the tool store. I did not think I would be able to find any where else. Then I saw it at the fabric shop and a craft store. I did not save the package so I do not know the brand. I put some on the bottom of the goblin to make sure it would work. I am sure you can find some tape or something like it online or some local craft or hobby shop.

If you find out the name of the product you used in school let us know.
The photo does not look as good as I had hoped. The figure is on the side of my refrigerator. I did not trim the tape because I thought you could see it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ive seen a spray paint at my local hardware store but ive never tried it
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think the magnetic tape might do the trick. Seems easier to work with. I should give that a try. IF if find it. ( Hopfully not to expensive :) -) But might have to wait a bit. Till i got some more time for searching. I am going to start with the net searching now :) But fast school tomorrow ;) Hopefully a store close by has it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Whats all this searching, hunting and finding names for magnetic tape - just ebay it, tonnes of the stuff on there.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Yeah i found some immediately when i was searching. There are many kinds in it. ( I don't really use sites to buy stuff. So i gotta search it in a shop here.)