All times are UTC

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:03 am

Post subject: Re: Creating your novel...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:58 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

But not with me..Nor the avatar nor me... :(. I will try to find a way...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Fixed the link

If you use the img-tags for images, you need to make sure you fill in the url to the image page only (image on blanco page), usually I right-click my mouse and select "view image". That leads you to the actual image ;)

But I did it here with the url-tags to the photobucket-page, since the pic's size is too large to display here in the forum :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thank you very much 8)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
I think you should make a poll for who already write novels and wants to publish them, 'cause I think that in a community as the OR, a lot of people actually wrote a fantasy novel (inspired by something we all know damn well) and it would be cool to have some sort of gathering it.
And yes, I to wrote a novel (World of Morannia, hopefully part 1). It started out when I was very young and just read Lotr for the first time, so the story was very much alike (even the map), then, slowly, I replaced the point of vieuw, the map, the folkore, the way magic is involved and so on...
Probably pointless to say that I'm also dreaming of publishing it one day (pretty much wat we all want I think) and that it would maybe... maybe become a movie one day (a way more unrealistic dream of course , but hey, dreaming ain't damaging) ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah also I changed now the main plot because strangely one friend of mine told me it reminds him a lot of Tales of Abyss(a game i have never heard of before)...
Anyway many things especially the characters will remain same but I decided to set the story around 50 years before... :-D
Anyway the main promblem of mine would be the publishing cause I won't publish the novel on my country(Don't ask why, I have my reasons :twisted: )
If your publish your novel Raggbur and comes to my country I will sure buy it... I promise 8)
We just have to :pray:

Last edited by Hilbert on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
An I'll buy yours!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Then we have a deal my friend...
Are you going to write more than one?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hopefully...
Oh yes... Hope. Noticed your signature. It's totally contrary to my novel :lol: . There, the problem is that 'people' have literally forgotten hope, you could say some sort of general depression. The problem is that magic, so called mor (which means 'connected with the world (Morannia)', adolistocratic people also have names that include 'mor' te represent that they are vital for the world), is connected with hope. Everyone has a bit of control over magic, but when that person loses hope, his 'power' will be gone. A wizard with knowledge of this proces is able to consume that power if he makes someone lose hope. That's what happends, a wizard finds himself outdone by everyone and uses this technique to gain more power. Therefor, one of the quests of my main character is to rebuild hope!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I see you have wizards too...
In the early adaption of my novel wizards especially the Indigo wizard Inider is using very much magic(althought he gets tired after that) but i will change that as they solve things easily and that means less battle and action...
Magic for now in my fantasy can be used only by wizards and some elves, for example Rasina half-elf and cousin of Aranel...
Anyway magic needs to be used there and then....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Interesting to see what others have written about. My own story has little to no magic at all but involves 3 worlds that are in essence other realms. I am very much into my Irish and Celtic myths so 'Ontagard' in my story is similar to the Otherworld or the world of Faerie. I have 2 stories on the go. In fact, the first one, set 40 years before the second is the story I thought I would finish first. In actual fact I have started at the end and worked back. I am hand writing mine and am on the first draft but read it aloud to all who will listen and thats how I corect things. Dont care if I am published or not really but some advice is this. If, like me, you have vivid dreams, write them down as an entire section of my noel came from a dream of a bridge and a river. Interestingly I found a photo book in a second hand shop that depicted the scene from my dream! Very Spooky!
Also decide what you want the effect to be. Mine is akin to the style of the icelandic sagas and the eddaic poetry of the norse as well as the celtic stories.
And dont give up. I wrote a chapter I thought was crappy but read it aloud to my darling girlfriend and she pointed out where I went wrong. Now I am ready to face the writers block again!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dreams have inspired me a lot of for my novels...
Althought is hard i will try to add them to my novels and in the correct order...
Thanks God I usually see battles and such things in my dreams thought one tie I saw Balrog hunting me around my town...So real that was so scary...
Anyway we may all become authors :D
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The scariest dream I've ever had was about a green rhinocereus hunting me down in a library

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nor as mine hunted by stone giants (back there I didn't have ever heard of Lotr or Hobbit).
I don't know how my mind created them but itwas scary... :o