All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:33 pm

Post subject: New Box Sets
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:16 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I thing i always go on about is the uruk hai boxed set. why cant we get 8 crossbows 8 pikes and 8 sword like normal box sets? :sad: i cant get much crossbowmen cause thier all in metal! :shock: i bet the fighting uruk hai is one of the most bought lotr products being a basic trooop type for a core army so why is the box annoyingly disposed. :? i also thinnk warriors of the last allience should be split into 2 boxes
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: New Box Sets
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Several things: they want to make more money. They want to make more money. They want to make more money. All three are in different ways,b ut the gist is, that it gets them more money. Also, due to Citadel Finecast, there will be no more metal models - they will be replaced with resin models.
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Because Games-Workshop are evil people like that.

They released a new box set of plastic Warriors of the Dead with the release of War of the Ring to make them easier to collect, but they decided to only put in 20 figures instead of 24.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:51 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Mádoc Redgreaves wrote:
i also thinnk warriors of the last allience should be split into 2 boxes
:roll: :roll: :roll:

That would be nice as one of the last things they do in plastic but there are WAAAY more important things for them to put in a plastic slot first.

Remember, even if what you want is the numenoreans, it is still cheaper to get 8 plastic ones than to buy the metal ones, and you get 16 elves free to boot.

The fact that the kit is combined is a slightly annoying idiosyncrasy but far less annoying that the lack of plastic fiefdom troops, or plastic royal guard, or plastic kataphracts, plastic khandish warriors, plastic vault wardens, and so on and so on. Even a plastic hobbit kit should come out before the redo the last alliance kit (well, maybe)
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Money is for everything. So they usually change a blister into plastic when the blister sales are very low...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Because whoever is in charge of packaging the products is an idiot. Same reason why they don't make 4-man blisters so people can make wotr companies, or even put some of the metals into plastic sets. They're too busy coming up with fancy new stuff instead of fixing up problems with the existing range. Grrrr
Yes, this is a rant. I have a friend who was almost forced to make a new army mainly because of the Last alliance box issue (plus the fact that high elves are pants in WOTR :) )

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Elros of Numenor wrote:
Same reason why they don't make 4-man blisters so people can make wotr companies

Well you will be pleased to see that the Finecast Uruk-Hai Berserker and Crossbow blisters do have 4 miniatures in them. :wink: Hopefully this will be norm for standard (i.e., non-hero) blisters going forward!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Probably will.

Blisters haven't been coming in groups of 4 before because most of them were released before WotR so there was no need. Since WotR came out they have done a very good job of making sure new stuff can be made into WotR companies and have even repackaged a few old things.

This finecast switchover will just continue that, though with the price hikes, it'll probably end up being about the same anyway.