All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Post subject: Mor-galad's Back Story. (Idk if this is the right spot)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cirl, son of Oeirl of Gondolin he was in the Elder Days; a great warrior and a minstrel resided in him harmoniously while he dwelt in the Court of Turgon the Hidden King. The love for Song was in his fingers and his voice and he brought peace and courage to all how would listen to him.

When Eol, the Dark Elf came to Gondolin he brought his son, Maeglin and Cirl befriended him after the death of Eol. Fast friends they were, despite Maeglin's love for mining and the forging of metals. Mighty Captains they became in service of the King and the protection of his secret realm.

It came to pass that battle came for the fifth time to the land of Beleriand. The Sons of Feanor were bent towards recovering the Silmarils and essayed to strike a final blow agaist Thangodrim: the stronghold of Morgoth.

Turgon had laid long in wait to open the leaguer of Gondolin and was loath to come forth in battle ere the hiding place of his kingdom be at last revealed to his enemies. Close in his cousels were his daughter, Idril Celembridal and His captains. All of the wisdom in Turgon's court would see him abandon the Sons of Feanor, who had wrought their own ruin, in order that they might, at last, meet defeat. Cirl alone among them stood in opposition. Against his friend Maeglin and his Queen he convinced the King that, should the host of Gondolin march into battle, they would secure the victory for the Sons of Feanor, and that the evil of Morgoth would be removed from Middle earth forever.

Turgon was roused to righteous wrath against the foes of the Sons of Feanor by the song-like voice of Cirl and seeing that the time for which his host had been wrought had come, he bid his captains march to war. Maeglin harbored ill will towards Cirl. But Maeglin had been seduced by the lies of the Enemy; for greed and the promise of power, Maeglin had turned the King's council toward his own will but he could not sway Cirl the pure-hearted.

At the head of ten thousand mail clad Elf-warriors, Cirl marched into the fifth battle of Middle Earth: the Nirnaeth Arnoediad or Battle of Unnumbered tears where, elsewhere, it is told of the treason in the houses of Celegorm and Curufin and how the whole host of the Noldor was betrayed and utterly ruined. Morgoth sent forth Glaurung, the great worm and the Children of Iluvatar were scattered. Few warriors returned to Hithlum and Lothlann. And a small remnant, badly wounded and beyond hope, lead by Cirl returned to Gondolin.

Maeglin was outraged that Cirl had returned alive and that his counsel had not been heeded by the King. He accused Cirl of high treason leading to the destruction of the Noldor and revealing to the Enemy the secret location of the Kingdom of Gondolin.

Shamed, he was disowned from the House of Fingolfin and exiled from Gondolin. Finding no home among the Noldor he left Beleriand and fled far into the east.

For an age he wandered in the wild, wanting only to forget his name and his history. Until, at last, he beheld the house of Thranduil in the east of Greenwood. Kin they were of his in the spring of Arda, before the Teleri were sundered from the Noldor.

Thranduil looked into the eyes of this vagabond and saw no guilt there, only sorrow. Blameless, he was welcomed into Thranduil's halls and given new hope and a new name. Mor-galad, in his own tongue. "Dark Radiance" because there was a cloud of shame placed on him to no fault of his own.

Mor-galad dwelt in the house of his new King and befriended his son and taught the Lay of Gondolin to the Sentinels of Greenwood and found new hope...

Post subject: Re: Mor-galad's Back Story. (Idk if this is the right spot)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Looks good do have you made a profile for him???

Post subject: Re: Mor-galad's Back Story. (Idk if this is the right spot)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i'm just using the regular Wood Elf Captain profile but sometimes I roll him as a Sentinel. If I made up a profile I would want to try and make a combination of the two. I'm open to suggestions.... :)