All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:29 pm

Would you buy resin scenery on top of your model collections?
Yes, but only a few pieces here and there. 37%  37%  [ 17 ]
Yes, lots of scenery, I love a busy looking board. 35%  35%  [ 16 ]
Possibly, I'm not totally sure. 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
No, I'm not interested in scenery. 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks, I hope you'll be even more impressed with the pieces themselves. They go together in a flash, no fiddlyness in the assembly. They're very tough as well, they easily withstood the dropped troll test (the troll sadly didn't.) They come on a scenic base so there's no need to make your own and the base has flagstones etc. They're really a test range to make sure our site works properly and to ease our direct sales guy into it before we launch our first game. But if they're popular then we'll keep going, there's plenty of subject matter to cover and hopefully they'll be coming to a gaming board near you soon 8).

We're going to do a few battle reports with them I think, I'm painting a Rohirrim army this weekend. Fun times :-D!

Will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Good luck with this venture and im sure i will be ordering some in time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The hobbit hole is something that I am VERY interested in, I dont collect or play hobbits, but if I could get it made and painted to a high quality then it along with some other Hobbits would make a great diorama on my shelf
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Can't wait! Seems perfectly priced to me, and seeing your ships I'm pretty sure these casts will be very well made as well... shoot me a PM when the site is up and running 8)

Post subject: Re: A little market research - Resin scenery
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys,

I haven't forgotten this - honest! I've been insanely busy recently, I'm now a full time freelance resin caster and I've got clients banging down my dorr with work - which is great!

When I've moved into my new apartment (late March, woohoo!) I'll be in the same town as my business partner and I will pester him to finish the masters. They really aren't that far off done actually but its a case of finding the time to do it. I've got a huuuuuge order on at the moment and it's leaving me little time to do much else. But I really would like to finish these and get them in our shop.

If I remember correctly we did a small thatched house, a large thatched hall, and stable block and then a couple of more town like buildings. The thatched buildings are heavily influenced by Viking architecture - as was the Rohan of the film trilogy - so they should be usable with a variety of 28mm systems. However they are "serious scale" - so no crooked chimeneys and sagging rooves with drooping eaves etc etc. They are meant to be realistic, I hope this suits people's tastes. Anyway I'll update this thread when we make some progress on them.

Eorling.