All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:23 pm

Post subject: What exactly is an Army Showcase...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

... and why aren't there any? I can think of plenty of people with very good looking armies that would look beautiful on showcase (*cough*PT's Dwarves*cough*), but no-one seems to have done one.

What is required in a showcase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I guess we only know for sure when we see the first one. ;)

What I would like to see when I look at someone's army would be something like this:

- pictures of the army (collection of themed models) and pictures of some of its best individual models

- the set of models arranged into one or more playable armies, for example a small 200 points warhost and a full 500/600 points tournament army

- some tactical notes on how the owner uses those armies mentioned above

- notes on how the models were painted, possibly with links to painting guides in the OR if the author has written guides

- notes on possible conversions, and again links to articles in the library if applicable

- if the person has terrain themed around the army, of course that should be included, again with possible links to the library

What I would not like to see are strict rules of what is to be included. :)

If I did a showcase article of my Rohirrim, I would include lots of pictures of the best individual models, pictures of the troops together like all riders gathered with mounted heroes and so on, and maybe all models together in a big group if they could fit together. Then there would be a link to the Men of Rohan painting guide and the two captain conversions that are in the library. I could also add some pictures of the Rohan house I have built using GW's guide and maybe pics of the Rohan civilian models I use in some scenarios. Then I would list my tournament army and how I use it. Basically everything I have done to create the collection of Rohan models.

Just my ideas, yours may be different.

-- Pasi