All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:21 am

Post subject: Hunt for the Arkenstone
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Up for pre-orders

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/hu ... e-eng-2024

Hunt for the Arkenstone is a cooperative board game based on famous scenes from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies™.

Players each take on the role of one of Thorin Oakenshield's Company of Dwarves and Hobbits. They must work together, scouring the lands of Middle-earth in search of the precious Arkenstone before returning it to the throne room of Erebor.

You will need to venture to all corners of Middle-earth, relying on your unique abilities and the help of your allies, as you attempt to recover the King's Jewel. As you traverse Middle-earth, you will find useful items to aid you in your quest. However, the vile Azgog and his band of vicious Orcs are pursuing our brave heroes, and will stop at nothing to capture them.

Looks like a hard pass for me, Thorin and company are the same figures from the Goblin Town box, the evil figures are markers and Azog is a standup cardboard figure..

Post subject: Re: Hunt for the Arkenstone
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah, that's a weird one. "Remember in the book when Thorin's company split up and they all went their separate ways, going all over Middle Earth in search of the Arkenstone? That was awesome."

My preference for narrative scenarios is no doubt showing here, but I want to relive incidents from the books and movies that I love so much. I'm not so desperate for Tolkienian content that I'm interested in games having nothing to do with the stories other than character names.

I guess GW needs to get rid of some Thorin's Company sprues?