All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:43 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

also im in the belief that del toro left the project due to nothing more than a strop cause he could never do a Peter jackson with the film it was rumored that he'd wanted the hobbit to be a 5!!! part movie blatantly just tryin to out do jackson for the sake of it the films bosses quickly said HELL NO on multiple occasions apparantly
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I was checking James McAvoy on IMDB since the name didn't ring a bell. At first I realized I hadn't seen nearly anything listed in his credits. Then I saw he played Leto in "Children of Dune" (promising...I liked his work here) as well as Mr. Tumnus in the first Narnia film. I would need to watch it again as it's been a long time but I thought he did decent on that as well.

Considering that each of those are fantasy-setting films and it was a pretty significant role I'd say he'd do a good job technically, but...

...tbh, all those actors listed just come across too "strong" for Bilbo. I can't get past the image of him being more middle-age, middle-weight, non-heroic.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

He played Tumnas in Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. He is a big fan of LotR, apparantly, according to Wikipedia. I could imagine him as a Bilbo Baggins, but not a young Ian Holm. And the latter, to me, for some reason, is the most important. :roll:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

im being lead to belive by a mate of mine that ian holm will b narrating the film can anyone say wether it true that ron perlman might b in the film also ??
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

senoja wrote:
im being lead to belive by a mate of mine that ian holm will b narrating the film can anyone say wether it true that ron perlman might b in the film also ??

Ron Perlman was a star in another movie from Del Toro?
I thought he wanted him to play a role in the Hobbit.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

imrail wrote:
senoja wrote:

Ron Perlman was a star in another movie from Del Toro?
I thought he wanted him to play a role in the Hobbit.

Which begs the question, since Del Toro is out, are the people he brought along with him or suggested out also?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:42 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

actualy jamros makes a really good point but i think deltoro is still meeting with jackson and co writing screenplays etc etc so until its properly green lighted we wont know i think mgm still need to sort there |@#~ out
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Jamros wrote:
He played Tumnas in Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. He is a big fan of LotR, apparantly, according to Wikipedia. I could imagine him as a Bilbo Baggins, but not a young Ian Holm. And the latter, to me, for some reason, is the most important. :roll:

Add to this his role in last king and scotland and Wanted, very talented flexible actor, good call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Vyper wrote:
Jamros wrote:

Add to this his role in last king and scotland and Wanted, very talented flexible actor, good call.

To me, he dosen't seem quite hobbitish enough. He's not fairly small (this is modified anyway but it helps if the actor is still small) and he isn't burly and stout enough IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That's kind of my point too. I'd picture Bilbo played more by an actor similar to Sam or Pippin from LotR (sorry, don't remember their names off the top of my head). James M. is a good actor from what I know him in, and does well in sci-fi/fantasy roles which can be tricky...but is just too "lean and strong" from what I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

senoja wrote:
it was rumored that he'd wanted the hobbit to be a 5!!! part movie blatantly just tryin to out do jackson for the sake of it
I sincerely doubt it, because there is no way on this earth you could make a book a third of the length into something twice as long, unless he meant to make them 20 minute short-movie parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

it was rumored around net for ages tbh and hed wanted to do some of the before and after storys too so im guessing hed wanted to make alot of stuff up for the inbetween hobbit and lotr part they was on about probably all rumors but it was all out there for quite some time
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:51 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Beowulf03809 wrote:
I was checking James McAvoy on IMDB since the name didn't ring a bell. At first I realized I hadn't seen nearly anything listed in his credits. Then I saw he played Leto in "Children of Dune" (promising...I liked his work here) as well as Mr. Tumnus in the first Narnia film. I would need to watch it again as it's been a long time but I thought he did decent on that as well.

Considering that each of those are fantasy-setting films and it was a pretty significant role I'd say he'd do a good job technically, but...

...tbh, all those actors listed just come across too "strong" for Bilbo. I can't get past the image of him being more middle-age, middle-weight, non-heroic.

He alos played the lead in Antonement oppisite Kiera Knghtly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

DM wrote:
He alos played the lead in Antonement oppisite Kiera Knghtly.

He has a pretty good list of credits, but I've only seen a couple of them. I am not familiar with Atonement so I can't speak to how he did there. What did you think of him?