All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:27 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Citadel finecast
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Better if they do or else... :sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Ok sounds alright to me, but is it 100% sure that they wont be completely getting rid of the range, just replacing it with resin over time?

Mmm mean't to check that. Not sure if they're stopping any prints.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Elros of Numenor wrote:
^ The staff at mine said they were going to be packing up all their metals and sending them back to GW head office, so the store is gonna be pretty bare for a while.

Yep we did that yesterday.

All metals are going to be Online Only from now on, with finecast being in stores and online.
They are working through the metal range slowly, starting with the most popular of course.

So no models are being discontinued, just moved to online only :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Saw a pic of one of the new figures still on the sprue at Frothers. An awful lot of flash to clear up.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:51 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Believe me flash is dead easy to remove on this stuff ;) Also the more flash, the more holes there is for the resin to go through, meaning less air bubbles.

Also, I have the metal version of that model on my desk.. I can certainly see the difference! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

If flash is easy to remove, doesn't it mean it's also easy to remove detail accidentally?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:
If flash is easy to remove, doesn't it mean it's also easy to remove detail accidentally?

I was thinking that, but apparantly you can (reading earlier on) bounce these bad boyz without any damage... i think maybe the plastic resin is designed to be strong where the material is thicker than say 0.2mm or something (i.e thicker than flash).

Dezartfox wrote:
Also the more flash, the more holes there is for the resin to go through, meaning less air bubbles.

Theres abit more to it than that...

More flash means they have more holes, yes, which means:

1. Resin can reach those finer detailed that were not available (pre-finecast) before
2. And yes less bubbles

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok, just a little complaint of mine that I wish to get off my chest. I know its not a hug deal, but even so.

It is a day before the official release of Finecast. Go to Games Workshop's website and look at advance orders.

Warhammer - 7 Finecast models on advance order to look at.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... meStyle=wh

Warhammer 40K - 3 Finecast models on advance order to look at.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... tyle=wh40k

Lord of the Ring - NOTHING!!!!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... Style=lotr

I know that Warhammer and 40K are more popular than LOTR, but something to entice us LOTR people would be nice. Anything up there would be a nice gesture. It is kind of sad how long "advance orders" has been empty, and the "new releases" section hasn't changed for ages.

Ok, that my little rant. Feeling little better. But still wish they would put something up in the advance order area for us to drool over.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:

It is softer than tin. By mark one eye ball I do not think 10 and 12 year old's will be able to achieve a good result.How many have razor saws? Do you allow your children to use razor saws and razor blades? Do you really expect children to have clippers and files? How hard is the mold release is to remove? How toxic is this material? How long does it take to oxidize? What kind of solvent will weld it?
I don't understand what GW is trying to achieve. It looks like to me they are trying to market an expert model kit to children.I thought the plan was to sell toys to kids and damn every one else.This plan will join 54mm on the scrap heap unless some one in marketing and customer service change their attitude toward return long term customers.
I will not review the miniature in Fine Scale Magazine it is not fine scale.I would give it a not suitable for children rating right along with lead in a toy Magazine.I saw the White Dwarf review :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don't think an adult would have much difficulty with the kit. I think it is a counterfeiters dream come true. All of the vents are already there. Any one with basic skill could have production up and running in mold drying time.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

VonKrieg wrote:
Ok, just a little complaint of mine that I wish to get off my chest. I know its not a hug deal, but even so.

It is a day before the official release of Finecast. Go to Games Workshop's website and look at advance orders.

Warhammer - 7 Finecast models on advance order to look at.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... meStyle=wh

Warhammer 40K - 3 Finecast models on advance order to look at.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... tyle=wh40k

Lord of the Ring - NOTHING!!!!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... Style=lotr

I know that Warhammer and 40K are more popular than LOTR, but something to entice us LOTR people would be nice. Anything up there would be a nice gesture. It is kind of sad how long "advance orders" has been empty, and the "new releases" section hasn't changed for ages.

Ok, that my little rant. Feeling little better. But still wish they would put something up in the advance order area for us to drool over.

Wait for a day. On the 25th they only had Warhammer advance orders, 26th wh40k and 27th LoTR? (sorry if the days arent correct, I live in Belgium and it is like this here)

Blood Angels - 850+

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Old Chestnut wrote:
Quote:
It looks like to me they are trying to market an expert model kit to children.

I don't understand your point, why would GW devlop a resin that has v. hard flash to remove because "you guys are adults and can handle the tough stuff"... do you compain about your nice leather seats in your BMW too? tbh its just flash why not make it easier to remove if you can? I'm not complaining that i don't have to whip out my craft knife to shave flash off, when you have 100 models to clean/de-flash/convert/re-pin/prime/paint/base etc every second you shave counts.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Kili wrote:
Wait for a day. On the 25th they only had Warhammer advance orders, 26th wh40k and 27th LoTR?

Ok, that makes sense. Guess I just got too sensitive about it all. I'm just a LORT fan and like to see stuff for it. Just seems that LOTR is GW second-hand-hand-me-down-step-child and is ignored alot. I look forward to seeing the new LOTR stuff! Thanks Kili!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

VonKrieg wrote:
Kili wrote:
Wait for a day. On the 25th they only had Warhammer advance orders, 26th wh40k and 27th LoTR?

Ok, that makes sense. Guess I just got too sensitive about it all. I'm just a LORT fan and like to see stuff for it. Just seems that LOTR is GW second-hand-hand-me-down-step-child and is ignored alot. I look forward to seeing the new LOTR stuff! Thanks Kili!

I aggree, they give warhammer and 40k much more attention, like you can see very clearly in WD. LoTR is more like a secondary money flow :(

Blood Angels - 850+

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
I don't understand your point,

That is why I don't discus things with children.
The BMW comment I am going to interpret as a lame attempt to play at class warfare . I don't care for BMW.I can however, buy as many as I want. If I don't like the leather seats I will change them my self or have it done. I am not going to discus economics with people with out jobs or so called undergraduate economist.I am not going to complain about resin models. I am not going to buy them. I try to be nice to people who work for GW because they can loose their jobs if they say the wrong thing.I think GW has made another poor decision.
Now, before I get into a pointless argument I have decided not to comment further.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You make the acute assumption that i am of lower class, I'm not an undergraduate economist i am in fact graduating from my Masters in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, but rest assured I would not want to continue such a dicussion with such an 'omniscient' indivdual as yourself.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'm afraid I have to agree with Old Chestnut. If I re-mortgaged my house to buy that mini and gave it to my boy to clean up it would end up looking like a battered turd. It isn't very kid friendly is the point I believe he was making. No need to get all personal though fella's. You'll only result in the thread being locked. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Easy guys :) To get back on topic, the models look really nice and detailled. The models being lighter has advantages and disadvantages, I really liked my heroes or elites being more 'special' than the normal infantry but now they are more detailled.

Blood Angels - 850+

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ForgottenLore wrote:
Harfoot wrote:
would you believe one of them is that your case will not weigh as much! LOL

Well, yeah. That has always been one of the drawbacks of metal, having to lug a couple hundred heavy figs around.

Not only will it make your case lighter, it will make your wallet lighter too! :-D

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:22 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
omniscient

I would like to point out that I did not intend to imply any one was of any class. We don't use the idiom "class warfare" that way in the US. So I will apologize for the part of the misunderstanding that is clearly my fault.

Yes, Dave, I am clearly omniscient enough not to care what you think.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sacrilege83 wrote:
ForgottenLore wrote:
Harfoot wrote:
would you believe one of them is that your case will not weigh as much! LOL

Well, yeah. That has always been one of the drawbacks of metal, having to lug a couple hundred heavy figs around.

Not only will it make your case lighter, it will make your wallet lighter too! :-D

:rofl: xD :rofl:

Blood Angels - 850+

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next