All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

spuds4ever wrote:
Christopher Lee is dead... I don't think he would have been necessary anyway. It would be hard for Ian Holm to be younger than in LotR. I think he's only supposed to be about 30 or something in the Hobbit.

Dude, you nearly killed me by giving me a mini-heart-attack. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I may be wrong, but I thought Bilbo was 51 in the hobbit, which was the same age as Frodo when he set out on his own adventure. I'm pretty sure Tolkien made a point of this in FotR.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

51 in hobbit years is 30ish in human years...after all, they have their adolescence in their "tweens", and only "come of age" when they're 33.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:46 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I think PJ should just buy the rights to the film and make it himself. He must be minted after making the LotR movies!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Found a bit more info, guys!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/109/1095272p1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

From some of the pre-work I have seen I do like most of his ideas but I really wished from the start that the original PJ-lead team from LotR would do Hobbit. They really worked to make the imagery true to the stories as well as looking more "real" and less "fantasy". Although GDT may have done just as good there is always that chance he would have pushed it in the wrong direction somewhere and it would have been a disappointment. Not saying he would have, but there's the chance...

If things work out where PJ can come back on my confidence in the project will go up significantly (come on...stalling Hobbit for Tintin?? :roll: ). But if this is the beginning of a series of director changes (which always come with vision revision, script changes, etc. ) then we can be left with another Aliens 3 mess. :sad:

I'm mostly concerned with the project taking so long that a lot of returning characters are incosistent. It would be best if Ian could have returned as Bilbo but I'm personally looking most to Ian McKellen as Gandalf. Saruman, Galadriel, Elrond and others will most likely need to return as well if they do a full White Council vs. Necromancer and the more deviations in actors there the worse this will be.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ian McKellan, Hugo Weaving, Andy Serkis, and Cate Blanchett are all ''rumored'' to return. They're on both IMDB and Wikipedia as part of a rumored cast.

I honestly don't see why you wouldn't return to film another movie in Middle-earth, its one of the roles of a lifetime (pardoning John Rhys-Davies of course :) ).
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Jamros wrote:
Ian McKellan, Hugo Weaving, Andy Serkis, and Cate Blanchett are all ''rumored'' to return. They're on both IMDB and Wikipedia as part of a rumored cast.

I can't see why they wouldn't return. If Ian McKellan isn't Gandalf then I will shoot myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Some of these actors are getting on in age. If the film takes too many years then they may not be able or interested in filling the role... :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If Ian Mcellan (always spell his name wrong) Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, and Andy Serkis don't come back, I will have lost interest in it. Ian Holm not playing Bilbo is already bad, so if they don't have any of the other characters it will be even worse. You definitely can't replace the wizards, their actors fit their roles perfectly. Andy Serkis is THE Gollum actor. It would be hard to imagine anyone else as Galadriel or Elrond either.

Quote:
Christopher Lee is dead... I don't think he would have been necessary anyway. It would be hard for Ian Holm to be younger than in LotR. I think he's only supposed to be about 30 or something in the Hobbit.

You scared me for a while!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

spuds4ever wrote:

I was surprised by this statement too! Had to check, found he's alive and well, and just got an award the other day!
http://www.christopherleeweb.com/story/sir-christopher-surprise-winner-golden-gods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

yay, pete now makes the movies himself :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

A wee snippet I just discovered:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/06/ ... he-hobbit/

There is always hope, even if it is just a fools hope (after all, I am a fool :roll: )

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

well if this happens, id sure be happy, but it seems as if this production will never leave the ground...

but anyway did you see the pic of peter? i actually thought it was of someone else until i googled his name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

he lost his bird?:) i watched behind the scenes of lotr a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It is nice that there's more indication that PJ will be at the helm.

That is disturbing info though regarding the rights potentially tied up in bankruptcy court. Considering they have both this license and the Bond license, any studio that can actually get a QUALITY movie from either franchise to the screen will have a nice economic bump, but if this actually plummets into the financial court system then it could be buried for a while. And from my understanding in the book and software industries you can't legally even be doing pre-production work on a project when the license is in economic / legal limbo. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't get that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

im ashamed to say tht there r 3 actors rumoured to b playing bilbo now i kno the 2 that are long shots but i forget the most likly guys name ill have to search for it [spoiler]the 2 actors rumored were daniel radcliffe and jack black now harry potter ""$%^ off nd dont see black either however i think black would make a cool random dwarf lol[/spoiler]

from what i hear the full cast of the white council should b returning ian mckellan said himself hed never allow anyone else to play gandalf as he enjoyed it too much and i belive as well a the tower of dol guldur there going to do some kind of bridgeing story to bring the end of the hobbit closer to the start of fotr so actors like vigo might b returning partialy as well as a possible appearance by radagast the brown and with much much much much much much HOPE tombombadil himself may feature somewhere in these extra parts heres to hoping tho
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I almost wish I didn't click on your "Reveal" button. :o I will admit that your "random dwarf" comment is one I'd agree with. The other threatened actor...yuck. Not so much against the actor but against the actor in this role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would prefer if those two actors stayed far away from any serious endeavor related to Middle-earth or the works of Tolkien. Jack Black did a hilarious yet extremely inappropriate White Council parody, so while he would be funny in The Hobbit, I think he might ruin it a little bit (if he has to be in it, I guess I wouldn't mind him being a dwarf). Radcliffe? No, just no. As Bilbo? Good heavens no. In the end I can't see either of them in The Hobbit and would prefer not to, but Black did work with PJ in King Kong...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

the actor currently most likly to play bilbo is a guy named james mcavoy tho im unfamilliar with him so cant comment
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next