All times are UTC

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:30 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

So with the may release, I guess we don't have to wait for plastic Khand miniatures.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well unless those minis already seen on GW are not all of the releases, im afraid you will have to wait fro some plastic Khand. To be honsest its not a range that i think needs to be released in plastic, at least not at the moment.

OERP
 Post subject: Re: WD - Khand Release?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:00 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

King Elessar the Uniter wrote:
As I was reading October WD I noticed something that could imply all hope for new Khand models is not lost:

Quote:
We'll look at the nation of Khand in a future issue, for it is the lands of Harad and Rhun that are being reinforced this month.

(UK WD358. PG33).

Of course this could just mean that they'll discuss the history/current miniatures of Khand in a future issue, but it's unlike GW to do so for LOTR when miniatures aren't being released, especially for such a small range of figures.

So what do you guys think?

I hope they are coming out in plastic! I think Khand have a high potential but they are not used because they are all in metal. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I have a pretty big Khand army in all metal..
Just like a friend of mine had a huge dwarf army that was rarely seen,
until suddenly plastic dwarves where released.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

imrail wrote:
I have a pretty big Khand army in all metal..
Just like a friend of mine had a huge dwarf army that was rarely seen,
until suddenly plastic dwarves where released.

lol, I bet your friend got annoyed. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

He was a bit annoyed..

He always said that metal dwarves are much cooler and the new plastics are ugly etc.

Ooh to be back on topic: khand. :gollum: <- looks like a baby :oops:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

imrail wrote:
So with the may release, I guess we don't have to wait for plastic Khand miniatures.

Ummm... how do you figure?? I didn't see plastic Variags on the list of new releases...

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

me neither
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:18 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Lord Hurin wrote:

Ummm... how do you figure?? I didn't see plastic Variags on the list of new releases...

I'm with Lord Hurin, there are definitley not any Khand figures in this release. Truthfully, I doubt that we'll see them any time soon either. There are far more important things to make into plastic, such as Rohan Royal Knights, Citadel Guard, Mordor Uruk-Hai and others as well.

Bilbo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There are far more new miniatures to be made, that arn't released.
Gaurdians of the Carrock will probably be released when the hobbit is released.

It would be nice to see some plastic mounted Khandish miniatures though.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Longbottom Leaf wrote:
Lord Hurin wrote:

I'm with Lord Hurin, there are definitley not any Khand figures in this release. Truthfully, I doubt that we'll see them any time soon either. There are far more important things to make into plastic, such as Rohan Royal Knights, Citadel Guard, Mordor Uruk-Hai and others as well.

I think Rohan Royal Knights, Citadel Guard are ok to be kept in metal as they are proper elites. But I do aggree that Mordor Uruk-hai need to be changed into plastic. Not just because I collect Mordor but because I think Mordor Uruk-hai are closer to a strong base troop (like M orcs).

And I definetely think that Gamesworkshop should bring out Khand in plastic (not to mention some new East troops).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The thing i don´t get with GW is that they make command sets without soldiers like the new blackroot vale command and the Mauhurs marauders command plus the Grimbolds Helmingas command

IT IS CRAZY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

spuds4ever wrote:

I think Rohan Royal Knights, Citadel Guard are ok to be kept in metal as they are proper elites. But I do aggree that Mordor Uruk-hai need to be changed into plastic. Not just because I collect Mordor but because I think Mordor Uruk-hai are closer to a strong base troop (like M orcs).

And I definetely think that Gamesworkshop should bring out Khand in plastic (not to mention some new East troops).

Royal Knights and Citadel Guard are both common formations in WotR, which is why I think it makes a ton of sense for them to get new plastic sets. The Royal Knights especially are used very often in Rohan armies, but it can be expensive to get sizeable formations of them. Khand just isn't popular enough IMHO to warrant new plastics when other things need them more. Even other cavalry from the Fallen Realms needs a plastic set more then they do, namely the Easterling Kataphrakt's.

Queen Berúthiel wrote:
The thing i don´t get with GW is that they make command sets without soldiers like the new blackroot vale command and the Mauhurs marauders command plus the Grimbolds Helmingas command

IT IS CRAZY

Although I agree with this statement and find it a strange trend, I'm not really sure what it has to do with the topic.

Bilbo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:17 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Maybe, but I think if Khand came out in plastic, it would definetely become a lot more popular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Queen Berúthiel wrote:

Ummm... Rangers of Middle-earth, Uruk-hai Scouts and Warriors of Rohan. All three are plastic boxed sets. To be honest, if it came down to choosing whether to buy older plastics or all-new metals to fill out an entire formation I'd probably choose the plastics.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:30 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Queen Berúthiel wrote:

of course they have soldiers! they're called uruk-hai scouts and warriors of rohan! they're regular troops with special abilities, they don't need a blister, and I would prefer it if they didn't. The way it stands now I can use uruk hai scouts as the marauders. a blister would mean that I would have to buy expensive metal models for my marauders to be 'legit' in any competative event

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

theblackcaptain wrote:
Queen Berúthiel wrote:

of course they have soldiers! they're called uruk-hai scouts and warriors of rohan! they're regular troops with special abilities, they don't need a blister, and I would prefer it if they didn't. The way it stands now I can use uruk hai scouts as the marauders. a blister would mean that I would have to buy expensive metal models for my marauders to be 'legit' in any competative event

Yeah.. if you have grimbold you can upgrade your warriors of rohan for 1 point, and then he is somewhat stronger.

Just give them another paint scheme if you like.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Longbottom Leaf wrote:
Even other cavalry from the Fallen Realms needs a plastic set more then they do, namely the Easterling Kataphrakt's.

I agree especially with this point. I'd understood that the Easterlings were a very popular line of Evil miniatures, so sales of their cavalry would probably do well and also spur new sales of the infantry.

I'd guess that the main reason they hadn't been done in plastic to date is the unique horses, compared to the stockstandard plastic ones they've given everyone until quite recently. Hopefully they continue the trend of giving units with unique mounts plastic boxes that contain those unique mounts.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/
My miniatures painting blog.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

scipio.au wrote:
I'd guess that the main reason they hadn't been done in plastic to date is the unique horses, compared to the stockstandard plastic ones they've given everyone until quite recently.

Plastic horse cav sets: Galadhrim Knights, Knights of Minas Tirith, Riders of Rohan, Knights of Dol Amroth, Haradrim Raiders, Morgul Knights.

NONE of these sets shares a mount model. There is no "stockstandard" plastic horse model in this game - you must be thinking of some other game system. In this range, they are all different.

The Rohan horse is used by metal models of Royal Knights and Outriders, and you'll note those are notably missing their plastic box set. The unique mount is no argument against plastic in a set where all but a couple of riders have their own style of mount. Hopefully we'll see plastic Kataphrakts in due course, with the look we are used to.